YOU GOT MY HEART.

#OneShot1

I was sitting sipping my coffee in that shop.The shop where we had first met.I had entered it after a year.I passed it,various times,but never once got the energy to step my foot in.

But today,it sort of called me in.And sitting here,I remember that day all too clearly.

I was sitting on this very table,reading my favorite novel,cozy in the harsh winters with a cup of coffee.Then,he walked by.

"That's my book." Was the first sentence he said to me.

The little blame enflamed into an argument soon enough and then,the waitress came in,recognised him and said she had kept the book safe.

God! That look of guilt that washed over his face.And I remember staring with wonder as it slowly turned into an apologetic smile.That simle.That was my wonder.

He bought me a coffee as an apology and then two more because we couldn't stop talking.

And without realising,I wiped away a tear.Those memories rang the hundreds that followed.The mysterious dates,the stolen kisses,the love bites.

But I remember that look of guilt not turning into an apologetic smile that day.The day I saw him kissing her.

The last day I saw him.

It was all too much.I decided to leave.It was time,I did.I thought.

And I shut my book,although I had been out of that story since long,too mingled by my own.Lifting up my eyes,I saw him.

With that same apologetic smile that had first captured my heart.

"That is my book."

And this time,it was.

"I guess it's time to return it."

"Or we could try another cup of coffee?"

"You don't have to apologise,it is your book,this time."

"And it is also my fault that you're here after a year,sitting in tears."

"How do you know I never came in here?"

"Because I checked in everyday and somedays when I was lucky,I saw you pass by,debating whether to come in.Can we please talk?"

"Do you have anything to say?"

"Well,after a year of practicing at the coffee shop,tons!"

"One coffee?"

"One coffee."

"You know what I drink."

"I already ordered."

"Oh.So,say."

"Honestly,I thought it was you."

"You're shitting me right?"

"No.I was piss drunk and she just called out my name like you do.It was Stephanie.I know you didn't catch her face.She was kidding around as always and she imitated your voice to apparently check my alcohol level and I just kissed her and you saw me.I didn't realise what had happened at that time.And when I did,you were gone."

"You could've come talked to me."

"Would you have heard me?"

"I am hearing ya,now."

"Well,that was kind of the plan."

"Sorry?"

"Oh.I decided that I would talk to you just here.This is where my mistakes are generally forgiven."

"What if I never came in?"

"I knew you would and you did."

"You caused me a year of misery."

"You caused me a year of coffee bills.Say we even the deal?"

"It's not a deal."

"I know,love.Please? Why don't we take another coffee and two and see how it goes."

"I want to.But I don't think I should."

"You always told me to follow my heart."

"Well,then ask it what should I do."

"That's what you gotta do,sweety."

"But you still have it.You got my heart."