School days

The main hall was buzzing with excitement and worry about the creatures that boarded the train. As the first years scrambled in, Vesper noticed that Ron sat alone, she threw a piece of bread at him and jesters to where Harry and Hermione sit. He opened his mouth to reply but as he did the pair plonked themselves down beside him.

Professor Dumbledore gives a warning to the students that the school grounds are being guarded by Dementors and any attempt to slip past them will fail as they do not rely on sight to hunt their prey. He also welcomed two new teachers: Rubeus Hagrid, who will be teaching Care of Magical Creatures and Professor Lupin, the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. Both Vesper and Harry note that Vesper's  godfather receive a look of loathing  from Professor Snape. After the meal was finished Harry, Ron, and Hermione move to congratulate Hagrid on his appointment before  heading for Gryffindor Tower. Vesper and the twins retreat also but not before swiping some pastries from the Hufflepuff table when passing.

The next few days were the same as they were every year, busy introduction and reintroduction into lessons and teachers. Vesper had told the boys on no uncertain terms that she intended on passing all her O.W.L.s, she wanted to be healer. Her plan was to help people like her godfather, curing his disease may be impossible but surly a way to lessen the pain in all aspect must be reachable and she intended to work towards that. She was better then fairly descent at charms including non-verbal she was better at potions to the point that Snape didn't glare at her very existence when she entered his classroom as he did with every other Gryffindor. She had already read through her books for the up coming year and got a good understanding of the criteria.

She and the twins waited patiently in the great hall, for the third years to arrive from there first Divination lessons, eager to tease them. Vesper switched between thumbing through her copy of a muggle comic about a criminal clown and a man who is a millionaire and dresses like a bat and joining in the twins discussion about  more ideas to make joke items and sell them, currently they were brain storming sweets that could get you out of class.

When the third years arrived they looked pale and a little confused.

"Well?" Fred smirked at them as George and Vesper both raised their eyebrows at the golden trio. They looked at each other before Hermione burst out that Divination was useless and that the professor claimed that Harry was going to die. The three redheads snorted.

"She says that every year." Fred rolls his eyes taking a bite of a cheese straw rather aggressively.

" it's was Freddie here, when it was our turn." George continue glancing at his double to check he was still next to him.

"Yeah, laughing hysterically." Vesper finished as she slurped the last of her tea and placed the mug down only for it to be snatched up by George who waved his hands over it looking mysterious with Fred doing the same over his shoulder.

" I see that you, Vesper Potter," George started with a deep serious voice

"Are naked under your clothes" Fred wiggled his eyebrows at her using the same deep voice. Vesper snorted at them, playfully pushing the nearest twins head into the other one. Hermione looked on disgusted, Ron laught and Harry looked like a mix between the two. They ate lunch then separate for their afternoon classes.

That night in the common room while the twins, Vesper and Ginny sat on the floor trying to coordinate an epic patter cake session, Ron told them gleefully that Malfoy had been injured in their Care of Magic Creature class.

---lB-----

The next night found Vesper curled in front of the common room fire, glaring at her fifth year Arithmency book like it had personally offended her, muttering darkly to her self as the third years entered all obnoxiously happy in her opinion. Irish tones told with glee that Snape had been dressed as Neville's grandmother. Vesper frown as she vaguely remembered seeing an elderly woman who would no doubt out live all of them out of spite if the way she looked down at the young boy had any thing to do with it. She chuckled to herself as the boy in question grinned shyly at being the centre of attention before she reread the paragraph she was on for the sixths time. Why did she have to take a subject with numbers?