Christmas & Quidditch

On Christmas day Vesper wore the khaki coloured knitted top that Mrs. Weasley's  had sent her. It was warm and fit her snuggly. She also wore her a pendant that had a small golden dragon twisting about a tiny ball that would change colour depending on if she was in danger, it was a gift from the twins a few years previous when their brother Charlie had started dragon taming. Beside the dragon was added a small wolf carved from wood. When asked about it Vesper would chuckle and say she had had it from being very little.

Vesper went with Hermione – who was still wearing her dressing gown. - To the boys dorms. Both girls stared open mouthed at the new broom Harry got.

A Firebolt.

"Oh. Harry! Who sent you that?" Hermione ask as Vesper nodded open mouth as she sat at the end of Harry's bed. The twins and Ginny had returned home and she decided to stay with her younger brother and godfather, even if she and Harry spent more time glaring and snarling at each other then talking lately.

"No idea," said Harry.

"it's beautiful." Vesper signed, "I've heard that the the Irish quidditch team are using these in the next world cup."

The day move quickly then as Harry, Ron and Hermione argued over the broom, Vesper herself could see both sides of the argument, the broom appeared out of nowhere when some criminal was supposed to be after her brother, the broom could be a way to get to Harry, however Vesper knew the her godfather hoped the Sirius Black had not killed those people, that there had been some evidence that had been over looked, from the vague memories Vesper had of the man, being a ruthless kill was never hinted at. She remembers a man with long black hair who smiled a lot and made her and her brother laugh, somehow these memories always involved a large black dog somewhere.

At lunch time the four of them went down to the great hall, to find the four house table removed and one table in the middle, set for twelve. Professors Dumbledore, McGonagall, Snape, Sprout and Flitwick were there, along with Filch, the caretaker, who had taken off his usual brown coat and was wearing a very old and rather mouldy- looking tail coat. They were only two other student, an extremely nervous looking first year and a sullen-faced Slytherin fifth-year, who nodded in Vespers direction before sneering at the others. Vesper has a strange relationship with Slytherin, they found her and the twins amusing but would rather cut off an arm then admit it and Vesper had Hufflepuff quality of being fair and just, honest and kind, good-hearted and accepting. She showed them more respected then her whole house providing they shown her the same. It was common knowledge between the houses that if Slytherin had to pick another house to protect it would be Hufflepuff as they didn't judge.
Professor Dumbledore had wished them all a merry Christmas and told them it seemed a bit foolish to sit at the house tables when there was so few of them. Dumbledore was enthusiastic about the Christmas crackers. Vesper hid a smile, and noticed her godfather wasn't present but she didn't expect him to be.

The others watched as Professor Trelawney had appeared from her tower commenting that there was now thirteen, both she and McGonagall said some snide remarks to each other, while the others watched winded eyed.

"Where's professor Lupin?" Hermione questioned Vesper,

" he's had a funny turn last night so is sleeping it off today." She didn't lie to her, she just didn't tell her details. Vesper knew that if anyone could guess about her godfather illness it was Hermione. Although Vesper had heard that Snape had help with that. In fact she heard him scoff under his breath at what she had said, she threw a glare at him down the table but he turned away from her.

After what seemed like hours of eating, Ron and Harry got up to go when Professor Trelawney shrieked loudly, demanding to know who got up first, McGonagall snorted and more snide remarks where made.