Body Swap

What really happened that cold and rainy September night is still a mystery to me, and your guess is as good as mine. Some people would say it was faith, destiny, or even magic, but I think its just karma.

What goes around comes around, and that came around hard.

~Flashback~

"This is all your fault Hailey!" He practically yelled.

"Its all my fault? You have got to be kidding me! There's two people in a relationship Riley!" I screamed back. I've never been so mad in my life. "He kissed me and I pushed him away. You seen that, and now you're taking it out on me."

"I don't believe you!" I am completely shocked. He doesn't believe me? He seen it happen and he doesn't believe that i pushed him away?

"Riley if we don't have trust in this relationship maybe we shouldn't have." It kills me to say that. "I promise you that I did kiss him, nor would I want to! Please Riley"

"Not good enough" He turned away from me.

"But I love you" I cried. I'm not mad anymore, just broken.

"Still not good enough" He said then walked away from me.

I'll stood there in the pouring rain for a few seconds before running after him. If I let him walk away, he'll be gone forever. When I caught up to him he was facing the huge water fountain in the middle of the park. "Riley please" My voice cracked. "I forgave you when you got mad at me and kissed that random girl. Please. Please don't be mad anymore"

Still with his back to me, he shook his head "No" was all he said.

"Why not?"

"Because I can't." He turned to face me. "I can't have you break my heart again."

I just stared at him. "You don't think I'm broken, you don't think you broke my heart before. Because you did and I know yours is too, so let me pick up the pieces." I beg him.

He shook his head once again "I just can't Hailey." Just when he was about to turn away i grabbed his arm. "Hailey let go!" He told me.

"No! I'm not letting you go!"

"I mean it Hailey. Let go!" He raised his voice.

"No!" He pushed me back, attempting to make me let go. But I toppled over the edge of the fountain, pulling Riley down with me.

Freezing cold water surrounded my body, I could feel the weight of Riley on chest, pushing me down. My body came to the bottom of the fountain and my head came into contact with something else, making it hit the cold stone under me.

Everything went black.