Seven - Everything Was Great, Until...

Dylan Carter

This morning, I did my usual routine. Wake up. Get dressed. Breakfast. Brush teeth. Then leave for school.

Today, I rode the bus. Carlos was waiting for me by the bus stop. As I got seated, I took out The Odd Days of Love. I knew only one thing about the book. That it was a Tragicomedy with Romance. Ugh, I never liked those type of books. I read the first few chapters.

"Dude. What's that?" I completely forgot that Carlos was beside me. I shut the book and placed it back in my back. "Uh that was our book for Literature." Carlos stared for a while. "Right. Okay then." He said then slept. "Who studies for Literature anyway." Carlos murmured. I shook my head and continued reading the book.

I headed to classroom 9-C. I peeked in and saw the girl. I asked the dudes to come with me. "So dude, this girl we're waiting for, is she your cousin? Or maybe...." I looked at Sean firmly. "Dude. She's just a friend." Soon, the bell rang and the students of 9-C came out. When she saw me, she said something to Rachel and headed towards us. "Woah. She's friends with Miranda Gale?" Carlos had this thing with Miranda Gale.

"Hey." She said. "Hey." I said. "So, how are you?" She asked. "Oh I'm fine. I found your book by the park bench. Here." I got the book out of my bag and handed it to her. "Thanks. Would you introduce me to your friends?" She asked. Of course! How stupid I was to forget introducing her to my best bros. But, Mr. Simpleton called me and I headed to his office.

On the way, I wondered if the guys would like her. As a friend. She was awesome and nice and pretty too! So yeah....they will like her.

Since then, she would be with us at lunch, recess, and after classes. She even has Strike Force III! She was awesome. Soon, she would invite us to her place and we would play SF III all day.

Everything was great, until I realized I never knew her name. That's when she told me.