Six - Odd Days of Love

Jenna Waters

I didn't ride the bus home. I never ride the bus home. I texted my mom and told I'll hang out at Lia's place.

Hey mom! Going to Lia's. Be home at 5. See you! Love you!

But I was really going to sit and read my book near Hikers' Grove. I texted Lia to make sure she covers for me.

Lia can you cover for me? Told mom I'll be going to your place. But I just want some time alone. Thanks grl!

I found a decent spot and began reading. It was The Odd Days of Love by Hilary Quinn. It was a story about this girl, named Eva, who falls in love with her best friend, Garrett. Then their friendship gets awkward when Eva confessed her feelings for Garrett.

As I was getting to Chapter 10, someone approached me. "Uh hey." I looked up and saw Dylan Carter! I freaked out inside. "Umm....hi?" I said. Then, we stared at each other for a while. It was so weird. Then he broke the silence. "So...I saw you at school today. And you looked kind of familiar. Have we met?" Oh my gosh! He noticed me! It was so cool! I wanted to play it cool. "Uh yeah I was at school. All kids go to school." I was trying to be annoyed. He looked confused. Then he said "Oh right of course." I think I made him feel stupid. He fixed himself and replied with weirdest voiced. "Let me start again. Eherm. What school do you go to?" I just laughed and I think I knd of blushed. "Well. I go to Brandon King High. I'm guessing that's where you saw me." He smiled and sat down next to me. Then we talked and talked.

Then it was time for him to go. "Hey. I have to go. But I'll see you at school ok?" I can't believe it. He wants to see me in school!!! He looked down. I smiled. "Sure thing." Then I stood up and left, thinking about the things that will happen at school tomorrow.

When I got home, I realized I left my book. But, I thought that maybe, just maybe, Dylan got my book and he'll give it to me tomorrow.

I couldn't wait for school!