Chapter Fifteen

That night as planned, they wore coats, hiding their clothes to leave the townhouse to the waiting car to be driven away. Tossing off her full-length coat to reveal a long flowing strapless dress of black chiffon with sparkling sequins, layered over black satin. Karif leaned in to place a solid gold necklace covered in diamonds to drape around her neck, and placed on a matching bracelet in gold with Arabic designs and wording surrounded in diamond edging. She fingered the bracelet. "It's so beautiful," she whispered.

"You are wearing the Habib name," he said kissing her cheek. Her eyes sparkled as tears burned the back of her eyes as she fought them back. No more tears, she had promised him, but he was too gorgeous for words. So instead, caressed the side of his face with her hand, and draw him back to him to plant her lips on his lips. She would never forget his night as long as she lived. Just the two of them.

"So where are we going?"

He smiled against her lips. "Wait, and see princess." Her heart soared to nestle against him.

"This is so nice." Only to moan as her phone rang to search for to look at, chewing on her lip. He had gone to so much trouble for her, not to answer, waiting for a message to text back she was out. A message came back Okay. Karif's phone buzzed to have her look across. Shaking his head, he answered.

"Hello Thomas. How did I know, you just buzzed your sister, and we are together. Make it quick. Okay. I'd see to it. No more calls for at least forty eight hours, okay? Good lad. Yes, I will," he promised. "Thomas sends his love."

"And?" she prompted.

"And nothing." She eyed him in disbelief. He sighed. "Nothing important Julia. Just wanted me to look into something for him."

"What?"

"About engineering."

"Oh," she frowned, confused. "Then why would he ring me?"

"Because he was told I was out. It seems I need to have a serious talk to Carmen. She is overstepping her role lately." Julia nodded in agreement. Karif eyed off her closely. "You don't like her much, do you?"

"Believe me the feeling is mutual. It's like I am enemy number one."

He gathered her against his side, placing his lips on her top of her head. "I'm sure that's not true. She's not used to having you around."

"I shouldn't even be a part of the equation. I don't want her job, or her to lose her job, but I should be treated as a person, not a bother." There she finally had put it out there, always kept it to herself, how she was being treated by his p.a., and she didn't deserve it. They didn't need to be friends. In fact, she prefers not to. And he calls her difficult to cross her arms in annoyance.

"All done?" He asked, amused. She nodded to be kissed. Sighing, she just cuddled up against him until they arrived to their destination. A yacht. A super, white gleaming yacht to go aboard and set sail to cruise the Thomas taking in all the sites from a table on the open deck sipping champagne.

"This is amazing," she beamed as she took the sites of the city all lit up in all its glory. "Is this yours?"

"Yes."

"Well, you certainly kept it a secret."

"And like to keep it that way, precious, so no blabbing to your brother."

"Good heaven's no, he would want to have parties with his friends." She hugged herself with glee. "Our little secret, well, not so little," she laughed. Then looked across to the man on her left. "Forty eight hours, is there something you're not telling me."

He laughed and winked, to tip his glass against her glass. "Another secret that you mustn't tell anyone." She zipped up her mouth and tossed away the key. He arched a brow. "At least it would be quiet." To be the end of her poking tongue. "Is that even allowed out?" Her eyes narrowed, taking another sip to hold up her glass to be refilled by a hovering waiter.