The Cross

(A few days later...)
Garroth POV
I looked up at the cross. I see a girl. I can't clearly see her. My eyes are filled with tears for some reason. I felt sorrow, and guilt. The wind blew steadily. Time started feeling like it was going in slow motion. My hand starts to reach out for the girl on the cross. "Goodbye" she says. All of a sudden, a bright light came.
"GAH!" I said, while sitting up in my bed. A dream? It felt so real! I noticed I was crying. I wiped the tears away. I suddenly heard a knock on the door.
"Prince Garroth? Are you there?" A voice says.
" Yes I'm here" i respond. The other voice was Dante, my guard.
"It's time for you to start preparing for the day." He says.
"Dante? Could we go into the village today?" I ask.
" I don't think you have anything planned for today, so I don't see why not. If we're going then get dressed." He responded.
"Yeah yeah. Did you expect me to go in the village in my underwear?!" I said jokingly. He chuckled, and walked away.
Hmm. I don't really feel like dealing with all of the "fangirls" today. An idea suddenly pops into my head.
          I go an dig around in a chest in front of my bed. I lay the pieces of guard armor out on my bed. I am so happy I snuck that armor out of storage last week and forgot to put it back. I lay all of the pieces of armor on my bed, and then I began putting it on.
I held the helmet in my hands. I was staring at it for some reason. I guess because it covered my true identity. All I really want is to get out of this castle, and go on adventures, without my father basically watching my every move.
"Your Highness. Are you ready to leave?" Dante said as he knocked on the door.
"Yeah. You can come in if you want." I replied. Dante walked in, but stopped in his tracks when he saw me.
"Prince Garroth... What are you wearing..."
"I'm wearing guard armor. Isn't that obvious. I just want to walk through the city without girls going 'OMG. ITS PRINCE GARROTH. LOOK HOW HAWT HE IS! I WANT HIM TO MARRY ME!!!'"
"Don't you think your over-exaggerating a bit?" Said Dante, scratching his head.
"Nope." I replied.
"Well I'm still going to be there with you. It's still my responsibility to defend you."
          "Fine. Do what you want." I put the helmet on my head and grabbed my sword. "ONWARD!" I cheered, as I walked towards the door.
        TIME SKIP
           I walked through the city, following Dante's lead. We passed by crosses. A shiver ran down my spine. People use crosses to kill witches and return them to the underworld.
           "Remember Garroth..." Dante began. "If anyone asks you what your doing, just tell them that your accompanying me to a visit to the chapel." I nodded my head.
           I began looking around. I heard the clanging of blacksmiths hammering. I saw shoemakers sewing shoes in the windows.
          "Garroth" Dante said as he tapped my shoulder.
          "Yeah?" I responded.
          "I have to pay a visit to Kawaii~Chan again. She hates it when I come to the city but doesn't visit her."
          "Yeah yeah." I said. "I'll just be walking around. Don't worry about me. "
          "Alright." Dante said as he began walking off.
Ahh. A while in the city by myself. Feels nice for a change. I began walking around the market area. I stopped at a bread stand. This is the bread stand mom took my brothers and me. I remember how good the bread here tasted.
          "Um, sir?" I asked the man behind the counter. "How much for 5 loaves of bread?"
          "15 copper pieces. " He responded. I handed him the money. He gave me the loaves of bread in a bag.
          "Thank you!" I said waving. He waved back.
          Suddenly, 2 children raced by. One of them was clutching onto an loaf of bread.
          "Come back here!" Someone said. A girl in a green cloak raced by me again. She seemed to be chasing after the 2 children with the bread. I decided to follow them. I ran after them to see where they were going. I caught up to the girl in the cloak. She stopped at a corner, staring at what was around it.
I jogged up next to her and peaked around the corner. The 2 children were breaking the bread up, and handing it to what seemed to be their mom and dad.
"Forget it." The girl said, as she turned around and walked away.
"Please. Take one of mine" I said as I handed one of my loaves of bread to her.
"Are you sure?" She said, as she stared at me with her hazel colored eyes.
"Yes. Please. It's my treat." I said. She smiled at me.
"Thank you!" She said as she took the bread. "Is it poisoned?" She said.
"Nah. I just picked it up from the market." I chuckled. "I'm... Um... Gar."
"I'm Aphmau!" She responded with a smile.

IM BAK. IM SO SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS OUT LATE ;-;!!!I just had parcc last week, and my teachers just gave us a bunch of projects. I won't be able to update for the next couple of days because I have a bunch of exams coming up. I know. I'm horrible. ILL TRY MY BEST. I PROMISE WHEN SCHOOL IS OVER I WILL UPLOAD MORE!!! LESS THAN A MONTH LEFT. I PROBABLY WONT MAKE IT. WISH ME LUCK. BYE BYE