Nineteen

Galaxy
Her Dad's Funeral
Part TWO

Alright. The funeral is starting. We were outside in cold Detroit weather. Classic Michigan. It's like this every year. It could be April and it could be snowing. (True fact)

It was warm earlier when we got here and now it's freezing. I was shivering and I didn't bring a jacket. I didn't think I would need it.

"Babe. Are you cold?" Zig asked me.

"Yeah, a little."

He pulled off his jacket and put it over me.

"Don't you need this?" I asked him.

"You need it more than I do."

"Awe. Your sweet."

Then I felt a vibration in my purse. I got a text message, from an unknown number.

 I got a text message, from an unknown number

FAKE MESSAGES MADE BY YAZZY!!

I seen threats, so I told Dolph about it.

"Hey babe."

"Hey. What's going on? You seem shaken up?"

"I am."

"Why?"

"Look." I handed him my phone and he looked at the messages. "I'm scared. I don't wanna lose you again."

"And you won't."

* * *

It was time for speeches.

And after the speeches, I have to play this song on the piano.

"Nichole. Would you like to say something about your father?" I was asked by my mother.

"Of course." I stood up and took my Zig's over coat and walked up to the podium and put my mouth near the microphone.

"Alright. My dad was my dad, my mom's only love, the only man I loved and still love. Sorry Dolph, but your my 2nd love." Everyone laughed. "Anyways, but when I needed him, he was always there, and even when I said I didn't need him, but needed him anyways, he was there for me, because that's a father's job no matter what." I had to stop to cry. "Sorry everyone. But after my father was deployed, it was hard to let go. It's been 6 years since I seen my dad and I will never see him again. But I always know that Jake, Ashlee and I will be in his heart. And he will be my our hearts. Forever and Always. Thank you." By the time my speech was done, everyone applauded and I noticed people were crying.

Then I walk down from the podium and sit next to Dolph.

"You did great up there." He tells me. "I liked that 'Forever and Always.'"

"Maybe I'll be yours for Forever and Always."

"I hope so, because your the one I love. Like your the women I want to have kids with."

"You want kids?"

"Yeah."

"We can make that happen."

"Yeah, but not now. I was talking in maybe 2 or 3 years."

"That's too long."

"You want them now?"

"Now that you mention it."

"Sorry babe. I'm not ready."

"Good point. I'm not either."

* * *

"Nichole, you ready to play?"

"Yeah."

I stand up and make my way to the piano and sat down on the bench. I was scheduled to play 4 songs. Then I started to play the first sad song.

Then we saved the best for last. It was a duet with me and a violin player.

"Your piano playing is absolutely beautiful, just like you."

"Awe. I love you."

"I love you too."

"Ready to leave?"

"Yeah. Let's go."