Chapter 4 ♡

- Annie -

Everything is so cold. So cold. My eyes flutter shut as the crystal encloses me. I whisper inside the crystal. "Armin, I-i love you". I take my final breath. And then the whole world goes black.

| Armin |
* 3 months later *
I can't believe it. I was right. But I so badly wanted to be wrong for once. Why did you do it Annie, why. Tears begin to fall from my face.

"Armin, you okay buddy?" Eren asks softly. I wipe my eyes.

"Yeah, I just need to be alone for a while" I sniff and walk off. Eren gives a sad smile and turns back to talk Levi. I go underground to see her. I start to sob. She looks so peaceful, yet sad. I place my hands on the crystal.

"Annie, why did you have to do this? You've killed hundreds of innocent people. Your comrades, your squad, your friends. But the thing I regret most Annie is betraying you. You could've killed me but you let me live, I just want to no why?" I whisper to the crystal. Tears stream down my face and I collapse to the ground. Eventually I pick myself up and leave.
"Please come back to me soon Annie" I whisper.

I arrive at supper late. My eyes are red and puffy, my cheeks stained with salt. People can tell I've been crying but they don't ask why. I make my way over to Eren and Mikasa's table. Already I can hear them arguing.

"But why Horseface?!?" Eren yells, "Out of everyone you could date, it has to be freaking HORSEFACE!"

"Your one to talk Eren, your dating LEVI!" Mikasa yells back, "If you can't remember back to 3 month ago, HE BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF YOU IN FRONT OF THE WHOLE MOTHERFRIKIN COURT!"

I sigh. Yes they might be my best friends but I sure do get tired of them constantly arguing. Especially seeing as Mikasa started dating Jean. I take my seat. They glance at me. Mikasa gives me a soft smile and Eren grunts.

"I still hate how it's fucking Horseface" Eren mumbles under his breath only loud enough for me to hear. I give a quiet chuckle and eat my food.

"So how is she?" Eren asks quietly. I sigh.

"Nothing better. She's still trapped if that's what your asking" I reply back, looking out at the moon, shining through the window. Eren notices the tone in my voice and doesn't push any further. I quickly finish my food and then go to my room. Maybe sleep will help
-----------------------------------

I walk to down to see her.

"Annie, I'm here. Time for a story. It all about the ocean. I'm hoping one day, when your out of the stupid crystal, we can finally find it outside the walls"

I sit down and open to page one when there's a deathly crack. Shit I think, could the Titans be invading again? I glanced towards Annie's crystal and I see a large crack starting at the bottom. I panic but I can't seem to move to tell anyone. I try to call out but no words move form my lips. Suddenly the crystal splits in two. Shards fly everywhere, cutting my face and hands. But I can't feel the pain. All I can do is watch.
"A-Annie?" I whisper. The girl I knew is no on the ground, unconscious. I try to call for Levi or Erwin but she then gets up.
"A-Armin I'm glad I was a good person for you" she whispers. She pulls the gun out of my back pocket and puts it to my head. I still can't move or speak. I just stand there.
"I really don't want to do this but you're left me no choice Armin"
And then I hear a gunshot and everything goes black.

I wake up in a cold sweat.

"Just a nightmare Armin, just a nightmare" I try to tell myself this but I just can't quite believe it. It felt so real. I go to the underground to visit Annie. When I arrive I notice the shards on the floor, crystal broken in two but no Annie.

"Long time no see Armin"

------------------------------------
Would you look at that. Finally an update. To be completely honest with you guys, I wasn't going to update this book but when I got all these comments to update, I had to. So sorta a cliff hanger. Comment below what other books you want to see and give me a cheeky vote or two. Thank you for over 200 reads it means so much to me.

🐢VOTE🐢COMMENT🐢SHARE🐢