Part 4

POV- Jess

Nate lead me into his house. I ended up getting butterflies. Oh shut up Jess, he's not gonna fucking rape you. You just met. "All we have is beer, is that okay?" He turned to me, expectedly. Why the hell am I at some juniors house who I nearly know drinking? It took my a couple of seconds to realize why. I trusted him. He was hurt and well so was I. He wouldn't hurt me or take advantage of me. I looked into his eyes. They spoke the truth. "Yeah that's perfect!" "okay" he smiled at me, handing me and ice cold bud light. We headed back outside the house and sat on the curb. We weren't afraid if someone was gonna see us, this neighborhood was empty. I looked down at the ice cold drink in my hand. What the fuck was I doing? I know better then to drink. My brother did it and look at him, a fucking pot head who has nothing to do with me. I looked at Nate, he was sipping out of the beer bottle, totally relaxed. I looked back at mine. Unscrewing the cap, I took a long sip.

NATE POV-

"Hmmm.." Jess murmured after she took her first sip from the bottle. I raised my eyebrow at her, making my eyebrows alternate and dance. She looked once at me and bursted out laughing. I started laughing too, damn she was so cute. "Do you like it?" I asked. She took three more sips and smiled. "Yeah, it's... Calming." She then laid down on the cool grass. I plopped down beside her. We both faced each other. She started bursting out laughing once again. "what's so funny?" she stopped laughing but continued to smile. "I didn't think my day would end up like this. I was dreading going to school but here I am, drinking with someone I hardly know!" I chuckled. "Well, maybe we should get to know each other. How about we alternate asking questions?" I replied. Her eyes gleamed. "Ill go first" she said. "how old are you?"

" I'm 16."

She looked thoughtfully up at the sky. "How about you?"

"If I tell you, you wouldn't wanna hang out with me." she said

"Not true! It's not like you're 10!" I joked. She giggled.

"I'm 14... But I turning 15 in 5 months!"

I couldn't see what was so wrong with being 14. It's she only a little over then a year younger. "Oh, well happy really early birthday!" she giggled, relieved that I didn't think it was weird that she was 14. I looked at her bottle, about to ask her a question, when I realized she was drunk. Fuck... I promised her I wouldn't let her get drunk. I can't return her home like this... I got her phone and texted her dad saying 'I'm sleeping over at a new friends house.' A second later he replied 'okay, be safe. See ya Jess.' Thank god it's Friday or I know he would never let her sleepover. I put down her phone and faced her once again. She was starring at me fingers. "YOU'RE FINGERS LOOK LIKE CARROTS!" she exclaimed. I chuckled. Yup, she was totally wasted. I slowly wrapped my arm around her waist. Just to be close, I didn't want to try anything or take advantage of her. It just felt so right, me being beside her. She looked at my arm around her waist. Giggling she said "Don't let my boyfriend find out!" slurring her words. My face dropped. Boyfriend? I should've known better. She was beautiful, of course she would have a boyfriend. Almost crying I whispered "Who's your boyfriend?" "Nate Ruess" she giggled, the fell asleep.