Part 3

POV- Nate

Jessica and I were walking to math. I couldn't believe she was actually talking to me, it seemed like this stuff only happened in movies or even books. I looked down at her face. Her lips were big and red. Her eyes seemed soft yet determined. Brave. But I could also see another side of her, hurt and resentful. I wonder what she's been through. Maybe she's depressed like me? She just seems so... Fragile. Like a little wind up souvenir. One touch to her heart and she'll shatter to a million pieces. She looked up at me. Fuck, I've been staring at her for way too long. I quickly looked straight ahead of me. She grinned.

We ended up getting assigned seats in math, which I didn't mind since I was beside Jess. She smiled when she found out she was sitting next to me.

During the whole class Jessica slept, i his her behind me making sure the teacher wouldn't find out. I couldnt help from stareing at her face. She was so peaceful when she slept. Turing back to my note book, I resumed scribbling song lyrics. So far I had:

I fell in love, with a wind up souvenir. I bought downtown, as I was on my way to meet ya. She sounds like the songs, you used to sing to pull me to sleep, but, now that you're gone, she's all that I've left to hold. I feel so all alone, no ones gonna fix me when I'm broke...

I chucked my pencil at the wall, clearly frustrated at my lyrics. I turned to look back at Jessica, she was reading the lyrics off my paper. "Hey! don't read that!" I laughed. She grinned and tuned her back to me, still reading the lyrics. I tried reaching for it while she squirmed away. I started tickling her body. "NATE STOP!" she bursted out laughing, slapping my arm. She dropped the paper and I quickly scooped it up, crumbling it up and shoving it in my pocket. I looked back at her. She was smiling, her eyes laughing and twinkling. "Those lyrics were amazing, Nate. But your handwriting is fucked up." She giggled. "I like to call it my own personal font" I replied, giggling.

The bell chimed, dismissing us from school. I grabbed her hand and ran for the door before mrs. Roberts would see that we were skipping detention. "Nate! you're gonna pull my arm off!" Jess said, her eyes filling with excitement.

We ran all the way to my house. "Wait one sec, lemme call my dad. He'll freak if he knows I'm at a guys house." "Why? It's not like we're banging each other!" she laughed while her dad answered the phone.

"Hey dad uh.. I got selected to help decorate the school... It's gonna be a long time for me and some girls to decorate it. Yeah I got a ride home. I will. Okay. Bye." She hung up, rolling her eyes and smiling. I raised one eyebrow. "Decorating the school, huh?" She laughed. "Hey! I'd like to see you come up with something better!" "true!" I chuckled. "Well what do ya wanna do, Jess?" her checks turned red, she glanced down, smiling. "Let's drink. I never have before and well I wanna see how it tastes, but you have to promise me we won't get drunk!" She said. "Drink? Someone has a naughty side!" I laughed, leading her into the house.