Part 8

Jess's POV:

"Dad?"

He stood there, smiling. "Dad why do you have a gun... Dad what's wron-" I got interrupted by a recording my dad had in his phone. I strained my ears to hear it

'Like when I was a child, he would suck on my ear lobe, have me sit on his lap when he was on the toilet, bath with me, stick his hand down my pants, make me uh touch his 'manly parts'. Like that."

I recognized my own voice. It was from this morning, when I was explaining to Nate why I was crying, when he told me he loved me...

"Jess, it's best not to butt dial me. Crazy things might happen" my dad said, glancing at his gun, smirking.

Gun. Nate. I turned and saw Nate stricken with fear. I looked over to Mr. and Mrs. Ruess. Under Mr. Ruess's leg I saw his phone which displayed "911- connected" they could hear the whole thing. Just in time, we heard the deafening sound of sirens rapidly approaching. My dad turned around, seeing where the noise was coming from.

NATE'S POV-

Jess's dad turned around for a split second. Now was my chance. I had to protect her. It didn't matter about me or even my parents, I just had to keep Jess alive. I quickly played back in my head what has happened in the past two days. She told me she loves me. Our kisses, our many passionate kisses. When she cried after I told her to be my girlfriend. I loved her, and I couldn't loose her. Suddenly I became angry. Why did he have to ruin this? Everything was perfect. But now he was putting my love of my life in risk. While he was still turned around, I ran up to him and snatched the gun out of his hand. He whipped back around, his eyes filled with hatred and fury. Jess ran up and blocked me. Did she not want her father dead? After everything he has put her through?

"Jessica what the fuck are you doing!" she turned around, her soft eyes meeting mine she looked at the gun, then back to my face. I saw a few tears escape her eyes. She closed them shut, then opened then. "Nate, I can't let my Dad hurt you. You think I'm just gonna stand their and watch him kill you?"

She's saving me, a guy she just met, over her dad. If that isn't love then I don't know what is.

"Awe, well isn't this sweet. Sorry kid, but this love fest is coming to an end!" her dad laughed evilly, pulling a smaller yet just as destructive gun out of his pants. I panicked, unsure of what to do. Jessica stayed firm, right in front of me, protecting me.

Her dad pulled the trigger. Then again. I looked back to see both of my parents, dead. Jess wailed, crouching, about to launch herself at her father. In that second I had a clear view of him. I pulled my eyes shut and drew the trigger towards me.

The gun sounded.

Jessica's dad lied on the cold ground, blood pouring out if his head,

Jess's dad was dead.