Chapter 4: Carson

"You think she's even coming back?" Asked Matty as he laid the final blanket on the floor for the bed.

"Ehh. Knowing her she probably got distracted or fell asleep." I said. Matty laughed as I grabbed a couple pillows and laid them on the floor for us.

"Well speak of the devil." said Matty eyes staring at the top of the staircase.

Standing there was Danilee looking down on us like the princess she was. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. I don't know what it was. Maybe it was the fact that she was in my clothes and looked so good. I really have no idea. A thought crept into my head and I realized that I wanted this girl to wear my clothes in the near future. Not literally like every day but you know...Like a girlfriend...or maybe even a wife would.

"What?" she said coming down the stairs. She stopped at the bottom. "What are you guys staring at?" Wait what? Did she just say you guys? As in plural? I turned to see if Matty was indeed looking and no surprise...he was. Great.

"Nothing." I spoke for both of us.

"Well okay then." She said as she walked her way to the bed we made and plopped down. Matty and I went to join her. I went to grab the remote on the coffee table on my way there. When we got to the layout where she was we basically landed in sync with one another. As the movie started Danilee shrieked. "OMERGAWD! Finding Nemo?! Are you freaking kidding me?! God Carson you're the best!" She gave me the biggest hug that she could manage. She may never know this but that hug was what made my night. The feeling of her against me, Her Soft Skin, The temperature raised inside my body and I couldn't help notice that it came from the excitement that radiated off of that perfect girl, the one I was secretly in love with.

As the movie Trailed on we all laid in silence until I drifted off to sleep.

~

"Come on you guys! Its summer! Live a little!" cried a young version of Danilee as she sprinted across the grass to a little creek down the hill. After further looking I discovered that, that was the creek that we all used to play at when we were little.

"Hold on Danilee! We'll be right there!" Now this voice belonged to Matty. He turned to me with such intensity it scared me. "We have to talk. He said taking a seat on the grass below us.

I mimicked his motion and did the same. "Okay, What about?" I said in a worried tone.

"I don't know if you're going to like this very much..." He said picking up a blade of grass and dismembering it.

"Come on dude, just shoot, I'm all ears." I said looking directly into his eyes.

His gaze fell so I couldn't really see the emotion in his face. "Alright."  He looked back at me once more. "I--"

"Wait!" I said all of a sudden not having control over the words coming out of my mouth. It was like I was a bystander instead of Someone Inside of the situation.

"Seriously? Dude!" The look on his face was pure Irritation.

"Look I'm sorry...But I have something to say too" I stated.

He looked at me with Confusion. "Uh...Okay? Fine then. On a count of three we'll both say it. Sound cool?"

"Yeah." I agreed.

"Okay, 1, 2...3!"

"I LOVE DANILEE!!!!!" The both of us harmonized.

"Wait what?!" He said with anger. I could feel the same trait as it washed over me.

"But I love her!" I screamed gaining a weird look from Danilee herself. I lowered my voice. "I mean, I love her..." I said more quietly.

Matty took in a deep breath and exhaled loudly. "Yeah well... I love her too... A lot."