Zing

Zayn arrived at harry’s room with a huddle of nurses standing in front of the door. He could see the worry and concern in all their faces as they attempted to calm harry down. He watched the nurses slowly shimmy towards harry but when they got too close he would lash out and shout at them. Zayn knew that they were afraid of harry when they should have pitied him but of course they were worried about themselves rather than understanding harry’s circumstances.

“ 21 !  it’s going to be okay, please just calm down,” one of the nurses attempted to coax a fuming harry.

harry stormed up and down in his room with a metal rod ripped from his bed with his bare hands. His bed had been flipped over and the contents of the mattress had been completely shredded. The metal framing sat in a dislocated mess.

Every time a nurse took a step too close he would swing the rod and hiss in response.

“21,” harry laughed hysterically and continued, “21, oh what a fun game to play! Let’s all go play 21 together. But everyone always wins! Everyone except for me!”

The distress across harry’s face was so painfully obvious and yet the staff only continued to add fuel to the burning flame. “21 please, just put the rod down. I’m begging you,” a nurse pleaded.

“Begging?! What ? begging ? ” harry spat as he gripped onto the old rusty rod even tighter so that his hands were shaking in fury, “No one fucking cares about begging when I do it! Heh ” harry exploded into a agitated fit of laughter.

“Just put the rod down,” another nurse snapped, “No one cares about your begging because you’re not even human. You’re just a subject so just listen before we anaesthetise you.”

“I don’t think you have the qualifications for that,” Zayn murmured as the other nurses suddenly turned to him as if noticing his presence of the first time.

“Good,” a nurse sighed in relief, “Get Your subject under control doctor.”

Something in harry suddenly snapped at the nurses words. No one else was aware of it but Zayn was. He saw a twitch too violent, a blink too hastened, a breath too sharp, Zayn knew harry had turned into something he wasn’t, a monster.

“your subject ? I don’t belong to him!” harry spat as he took a swing at the nurse closet to him.

zayn shoved the nurse aside so she slammed into a neighbouring wall but at least she had avoided the fury of harry’s strike. Zayn however was not as lucky as the metal rod made contact with the side of his jaw. He stumbled backwards as the impact shook down to his brain but he was determined to stop harry. He had to stop him before he hurt anyone else or himself.

He ignored the pain of his throbbing jaw as he found his bearings.

“curly,” Zayn moaned as his hand reflexively to his injury.

“What did you say?” harry asked acidly as he prepared himself for another strike.

“Curly…” he repeated louder, “ curly can you please put down the rod?”

harry suddenly released the rod as if it were made of poisonous metal. His eyes widened as he took a step closer to Zayn whilst the nurses took a step back. He peered over to Zayn with a look of utter confusion and an expression Zayn could only describe as affection.

“curly..He used the name Louis. He remembered my name,” harry whispered to himself, “He’s different.yes“ giving an unreadable look to zany was the last thing he did before being taken to another segment.

 please comment and vote xxx