Chapter 4

I woke up disappointed. One out of my many questions was answered and I don't even understand the answer anyway, so it doesn't even count; it just brought more questions to my brain.

A headache started forming. I checked the time and it was 2:00am. Great. Chris couldn't have extended the dream just a couple more hours?

The ice packs had melted and were no longer cold. I carefully slide myself out of bed and make my way down the stairs as quietly as possible.

Wait a second... My leg! It didn't hurt to walk on and it felt like new. Once in the kitchen I turn the light on and check out my leg. Totally normal. No bruises, not even that scratch I got two days ago from shaving. How is this possible?

No. No more asking myself questions. I'll save the questions for Chris. I head over to the pantry to look for a bottle of pain killers for my headache. I then get a huge glass of water.

I down the pill and chug the whole glass down. Why is it so damn hot in here? I fill the glass with more cold water and suddenly the cup bursts in my hand. I jump backward and scream as the glass cuts me and falls to the floor in hundreds of pieces. I look at my hand and see a huge gash right across my palm. My blood drips on the floor and I rush over to the faucet where I begin rinsing off my hand under cold water.

"What is going on?!" My mom and dad come rushing in to the kitchen in panic.

"I accidentally dropped a glass and cut myself."

My parents look at each other with a hint of fear and rushed over to the scene.

"Quick, clean this up." My mom hands a wad of paper towels and bleach to my dad who starts frantically cleaning up the blood.

"It's fine, mom! I'll clean it all up, let me just take care of this cut on my ha-"

I pause and stare at my palm in absolute amazement and horror. The gash was gone; as if it never existed.

"Go to the living room, Alex." My mom says with a serious tone.

"But-"

"NOW!" She shouts.