Chapter 18

"The third and final girl going home is, Lady Sophie Tanaka!"

My eyes shock open and I look across at Sophie, upset and worried. She shakes her head at me so I don't cause a scene by jumping up and slapping Caxon or something.

"Thank you, Prince Caxon, for such a wonderful and rewarding experience! I wish you luck in finding your perfect girl!" Sophie says politely.

"It was an honour to meet you, Lady Sophie, and I wish you equal luck in finding your perfect husband! I send you, Lady Sophie, out to find your husband with my personal recommendation!" Caxon replies, kissing her on the cheek and presenting her with a larger bouquet of flowers and a more ornate jewellery box.

Each of the girls wait at the side of the stage to curtsey in a line, then walk away, accompanied by their maids who are holding their suitcases to leave with them.

The lights on the cameras go out and I instantly stride over to Caxon.

"What the hell is up with you eliminating Sophie?!" I demand, dragging him off the stage and causing all the other girls to look shocked at my forwardness.

"She asked me to do it - for you..." He says gently, beckoning Sophie back.

"Listen, Marie, I asked that he eliminate me to help you forgive him. I want you to forgive him, as my last request to you," Sophie looks down, embarrassed.

"So, do you forgive me, Lady Marie?" Caxon asks as I hug Sophie before she walks away.

"Of course I do!" I say and Caxon takes my arm and leads me into one of the arches.

I kiss him gently on the lips and he pulls me in closer as my hands reach up for his hair, pulling his head closer. Then, it stops.

"Whoa," Caxon murmurs. I smile flirtatiously and sashay off, pretending not to feel the pounding of my heart and the total adoration I feel for Caxon. But, if I care too much, I'll get hurt when he chooses another girl for his wife, his princess, his Queen of Illéa.

I touch my hand silently to my lips as I walk away and Cerys giggles as she sees my face.

"So, you're in it with Caxon then, I'll keep my hands off him now!" She jokes.

I playfully punch her arm and she fakes a puppy-dog face. We walk off across the garden together and we run up the stairs into the guest floors.

We hug as we part ways and I push open my door.

May looks up from dusting a shelf, "My lady, are you okay? I mean after the eliminations..."

"I'm fine, May, I know why Caxon did it, it was Sophie's idea really..."

I'm interrupted by an officious knock on the door and my head jerks round. I tug on the hems of my dress and nod to May to open the door.

"Good day, Lady Marie," A maid stands at the door, curtseying humbly, "His Highness wanted to notify you that there would be another episode of The Report going out tonight, with a few short interviews of each lady. He told me to tell your maids to make sure that you look stunning."

"Thank you for telling me, miss." May says, stepping forward and causing the maid to drop into another curtsey whilst I elbow May.

She turns out of the door as I turn away with May at my side.

"OMG, you are so cruel sometimes!" I squeal at her.

"Shut up, did you do anything about it?!" She retorts, "Now, I'm going to go find something to make you look beautiful."