Chapter 22 | Party Planning

Chapter 22

Party Planning

Amber's POV

      The alarm went off and I woke up groaning. I shut the alarm and plopped back on the bed lazily. The time read 9:30 am and I bet I was the last one to wake up. My eyes fell on the calender which was on the table next to me. Today was 25th of July. I sighed and that's when realisation hit me.

       My birthday was tomorrow.

      I'm turning eighteen tomorrow.

    I pulled the covers over me and ran to the bathroom in panic. I had totally forgotten that my birthday was tomorrow and I didn't even start planning to organize a party. If I decided to call everyone now, I bet not even half of the people I invited would come.  

      And I had forgotten something else too... I wasn't supposed to celebrate my birthday this year as the boys were staying here. This was going to be the worst birthday. Ever.

       I sighed and pulled my hair into a pony tail. The brush in my hand reached my teeth and I slowly brushed my teeth, gorgled my mouth and washed my face. As I walked out of the washroom, the raven haired boy stood infront of me, blocking my way. The smell of his cologne filled the air which made my room smell even better. Who wears cologne in the morning? You got that right, my lovely boyfriend.

      "Babe, get ready, we need to go shopping."

    Wait, Zayn wanted to go shopping with me?

       "Zayn, why do you wanna go shopping with me?", I asked, confusion filling my mind. "Waliyha's birthday is coming up and I don't know what to get her! You're a girl and you know what a girl who's gonna be fifteen years old likes, so I want to take you shopping with me as you know better. I want to gift her something special. So please?", he pleaded like a six year old kid.

      "Ofcourse Zayn! I'll be ready in ten minutes!", I smiled, placing my hands on his shoulder. He quickly pecked my lips and smirked, "You're the best girlfriend ever."

     "Oh, I know.", I said, shrugging. He let out a chuckle and pecked my lips once again and walked out of my room. I walked back into the bathroom, took a quick shower and walked out. I opened the cupboard, took out a simple blue dress with floral pattern and wore it. I put on some really light makeup, did my hair, took my purse and walked out. As I walked down the staircase, I heard whispers coming down from the hall. When I entered the hall, everyone's face was looking in my direction. 

   "Guys, quit staring at me, it's creepy.", I said, slowly walking towards Zayn who was sitting on the couch next to Liam. 

      "We weren't staring. It's just.. you look really pretty today.", Lola said sheepishly, and everyone nodded, agreeing with her. Okay, something was definitely wrong with everyone today.

    "Okaaaay... Thankyou..", I trailed off, looking at everyone in suspicion. Everyone had that sheepish smile on their face, expect Zayn who was smirking at me.

    "So, shall we?", I asked, and he nodded. He got up and gave his hand and I gladly took it.

    "Guys, Zayn and I are-"

    "We know Amber.", Harry cut me off and nodded. This was getting weirder than weird. "Alrighty then. Bye guys.", I waved and they all waved back happily.

    Seriously, this was getting creepy.

   Zayn and I walked to his car and he opened the door for me. "Thankyou.", I said and pecked his cheek. He smiled and walked to the drivers seat and sat inside. The keys jingled out of his pockets as he took them out. He inserted the key into the slot and started the engine.