Chapter 49 | The Royal Ball | Pt 1

Chapter 4

The Royal Ball | Pt. 1

Amber

The day had finally come. It was the day of the Royal Ball. It made me realise how fast eighteen years had just passed by. A mixture of emotions was flowing through my head. Excitement, happiness, nervousness.. tension? I didn't exactly know how to feel about this. I've been to many balls in the past years, but this particular ball was a special one. Princes and princesses from all over the world were going to be at one place, celebrating and dancing through the night. Mom had told me about how many princesses got to meet the love of their lives at this ball, but I had eyes for only one boy.

I huffed, looking at myself at the large mirror placed infront of me. Tucking a piece of my curled hair behind my ear, I looked down at my huge puffy dress. It was definitely going to be hard not to trip and fall wearing this dress and a five inch heel to top that. The dress was beautiful, and I felt beautiful in it.

Before I could walk out of the room, mum barged in unexpectedly, making me stop in my tracks. As soon as her eyes laid upon me, she froze. Covering her mouth with her hands, she gasped.

"Who are you and what have you done to my daughter?", she said, making me laugh.

"Come here.", she embraced me in a hug as she caressed my chin.

"You look beautiful my darling.", she cooed, placing a slight kiss on my cheek. I mouthed a 'thankyou' as a small smile found its way to my lips.

"I can't believe how eighteen years have passed by so quickly. You've become such a beautiful young lady.", she sniffed, trying to wipe a happy tear that escaped her eye.

"Aw mom, don't cry now. Your makeup is going to get ruined.", I joked, making her chuckle.

"Yeah, you're right. It's time to go now. We don't want to be late. Come on!", she took my hand and led me out of my room. My eyes were trying to find the green eyed boy, but he was nowhere to be found. As we reached the main hall, I noticed only Gemma, Anne and Lola sitting on the large couch.

Gasps filled the atmosphere as soon as their gaze averted towards me. Lola came up to me and grabbed my face, making me look at her with a confused expression.

"You don't even look like my best friend.", she gasped, examining every part of my face.

"You look like a....", she trailed off, still stunned.

"Princess.", Anne said, making Lola grin like a mad lady. She pulled me into a bone crushing hug as she squealed so loudly.

"Oh my god, Amber, you look.. out of the world!", Gemma said, hugging me. I've been getting a lot of hugs today and I have to ready myself for a lot more hugs that I was gonna get throughout the day.

"I could say the same to you! You look beautiful!", I smiled, admiring how gorgeous she looked in a flowy purple gown that perfectly matched her hair. Her hair was up in a beautiful bun topped with a pretty flower crown. Lola was dressed in a bright red gown that matched her red lips and earrings.

Gemma blushed at my compliment and I wondered how in the world she was single, being that gorgeous. She was definitely going to catch the eyes of many princes.

"Red is definitely your colour Lols, you look amazing!", I gushed, and she just shrugged, smiling like a cupcake.

"The limo is already here, we should get going girls!", Anne spoke, and everybody quickly walked towards the limo parked outside. Something was odd.. none of the boys were in sights. My lips curved in confusion as looked around for them. Even the dads weren't in sight.