Chapter 7 | A Not So Good Meeting

Chapter 7

A Not So Good Meeting

Amber's POV

          This was it. The so called relative was coming today. Today as in, today.

 Today was a really busy day. Mom was basically running around the house, ordering every maid to be prepared, clean the whole palace, prepare a huge buffet kinda thing and I, well... I was doing the usuals, chilling. I really didn't care about the relatives coming over, as they had officially spoiled my summer.

        I removed the huge photo of me from the wall and placed it on the table. I pressed the huge green button. The bookshelf opened and I slowly walked inside it. Yes, it was basically a room which nobody in the house new about, except me, more like a hideout.

               I walked up to the guitar section and picked up the acoustic guitar. Yeah, it was my music room. Nobody knew that I loved music. Music was the only thing that took my mind of reality. I never really liked the whole being-a-princess concept.  Music was kinda like my life. I never really participated in singing competitions and stuff like that. I liked to keep it to myself. 

          My dream was to become a well known singer. But the only thing that came in my way was my status. PRINCESS. That was the only reason I never really sang or performed in front of anyone. If I ever did that, I was afraid people would start mocking me. I, had a lot of responsibilities over my head, which I never really wanted. Being a princess was a pain in the ass.

            I loved writing my own songs. I would record my songs and just keep replaying it, to find out the flaws and correct them next time I sang it. That was the only way I could improve myself. None of my friends knew about it. And they still didn't. And I didn't really want to tell them either. It was my big secret.

              I slowly placed the guitar and started strumming. I took a piece of paper and started to write on it.

I'm walking fast through the traffic lights

Busy streets and busy lives

And all we know, is touch and go

We are alone with our changing minds

We fall in love 'til it hurts or bleeds or fades in time

And I never (never) saw you coming

And I'll never (ever) be the same

You come around and the armor falls

Pierce the room like a cannon ball

Now all we know is don't let go

We are alone, just you and me

Up in your room and our slates are clean

Just twin fire signs, four blue eyes