Prologue

Have you ever been forced to do something you didn't want to do? I have. This summer, I'm moving. I know, what a shocker! It's the reaction every teenager would make. The thing is, my real parents are still out there, and I am so close to finding them.

My foster parents raised and named me. I call them Mama and Papa. They tell me stories about how they found me on the front porch. They say that I came wrapped in a white cloth with a necklace around my neck, the one I have now. It glows like the stars and displays the colors of the universe. They always say that there was a small note next to me saying "Use me, good you," but they never knew what that meant. Maybe I could figure it out if we didn't have to move. I don't know why they want to so bad. They say that they want a 'new start'. Honestly, I just think they are moving so that I will have more things to do.

We are moving to New York. Yay! The Big Apple! Sarcasm. I know it's an amazing place and all, but it's just too crowded for me. Right now we live in a small town right outside of Massachusetts. Mama and Papa tell me that it's going to be different, but we'll get used to it. To me, that's not the case. It's just another part of life I have to get through. Like a level in a game, but more realistic.