Chapter Six

I looked up at Eedlin. "What do you mean it's warded?"

She coughed up some more blood, causing her to choke. I ran to her side and chanted a small spell under my breath, healing her.

"Thank you," she said. She was now standing and seemed like a tall giant as I was still on my knees. I quickly stood up and wiped the bloody mud off my knees.

"Someone warded that letter so that no one but you and the other black witches can touch it."

I nodded my head. That seemed to make sense. But why? Was it that important?

"Well it doesn't matter anymore, the envelope is in the burning car."

Then the car blew up.

"And now I will never be able to read the letter."

Eedlin turned to me. She grabbed my arm.

"The envelope is warded, which means that it cannot be destroyed unless you willingly cast a spell that will destroy it," she was so excited as she said this it was almost like she was a puppy being rewarded a dog treat.

I shrugged her hand off my arm. "But how will I get it back?"

She turned to the car. "In a few minutes, the envelope will appear somewhere near."

She graciously searched the area, ready to find the envelope. In the distance, I spotted something glowing. I looked back at Eedlin before running over to the object. It was the envelope. I opened it without Eedlin's saying and read:

Elena,
I know what you are. You are like me. A black witch. I need to speak with you, tonight. We have some important matters to discuss. Bring only yourself. Let no one see this letter.
Sincerely,
RDN

I looked at Eedlin. How was I going to get away with this? I shoved the envelope back into my pocket and made a spell, creating a fake letter. When I showed her, of course, she fell for it.

"This is stupid," Eedlin said. "Read it to me again!"

"Eedlin, I think that's enough-"

"READ IT TO ME AGAIN!" she said louder than ever.

My eyes wandered back to the page. "Elena, I would like to inform you that I want to be your friend. Maybe we will meet some day."

I knew I had created a crappy letter but it was the only way I could convince Eedlin it was the real thing.

"And that's it. That's all it says."

I felt my palms sweating and my face getting hot. I had a feeling she was getting on to me.

"Just destroy it. It's a piece of crap anyway." she said disappointed.

I threw away the letter, relieved. I didn't think she would fall for such a crap letter like that.

Eedlin walked over to her desk and threw everything off the table and screamed. I ran over to her side.

"Are you alright?" I asked dumbly.

As her head rose I noticed she was crying. "No," she whispered with her last breath. I hugged her as she cried onto my shoulder.

"I don't want you to die Elena," she cried.

"I know," I said. "I know."

Hey guys! I know that was a super short chapter but I have not been up to date on Wattpad for awhile! I thought it would only be good if I at least have you something. So here it is! I know it's not much and it kind of is crap, but I try to give you guys my best! Enjoy.