Chapter Four

The next morning I woke up more tired than ever. I heard the sound of the breakfast bell.

DING DONG!

I quickly slipped on shorts and a t-shirt, along with my black converse.

"Eedlin, wake up!" I called to her.
She groaned. I walked out the door and rubbed my eyes. As I uncovered them I ran into what felt like a brick wall, but a soft pillow at the same time.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" I told the figure. I realized that it was a guy, around the same age as me, that was about a foot taller than me. He had gorgeous blue eyes and silky-brown hair.

I noticed when he ran into me that he grabbed ahold of my arms, it was a bit awkward.

He quickly let go of me. "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-" he trailed off mid-sentence. I noticed he had headphones in, so he probably didn't hear a word I said. He took them out.

"Are you going to breakfast?" he asked me with his blue eyes.

I nodded in silence. "Are you?" I said breathing in.

"Yeah, you want to sit with each other? I guess it's payback for me running into you!" he chuckled.

I giggled. "Yes, that would be terrific!" I said a little to excitingly. How embarrassing! He probably thinks I am a weirdo already.

When we sat down at the table, I tried to get the smallest amount of food as I could, but enough to keep me full.

"I never got to properly introduce myself!" he said, still chewing on a pancake. "I'm Adam." He put me into a trance with his soft smile.

I quickly snapped out of my gaze. "I'm Elena."

He smiled. "What a lovely name." he told me. "How come I have never seen you before?"

I got nervous. "Um, I am kind of new," I trailed off. Not everyone here was supposed to know that I was a Black witch, it could put me in danger.

Luckily, he didn't ask very many questions. "Oh, me too. I arrived here a couple months ago." He quickly looked down at his food and continued eating.

I watched as he ate. It was weird, he felt different. He made me feel... stronger. I wasn't quite sure how to explain the feeling. I finished up my plate and wiped my mouth.

"Excuse me one second!" I said in a polite voice. I headed straight to the bathroom. When I got there, I made sure no one was there. I glanced at myself in the mirror. My necklace was glowing, but instead of its purple color, it glowed a light blue. What is happening to me? I felt sick. I felt so strong that I was becoming weak, and I needed to rest. I got a paper towel and washed my face with hot water and then got myself ready to head back out.

As I was walking back, I didn't feel so hot. "Hi Adam, so-sorr-" I fell to the floor. I could see Adam quickly come to my rescue and get people to come help. Then there was darkness. I couldn't see anything anymore.