16.

Averi POV

When Sharai left for work I was so happy. She was asking me to many questions and it almost came to the point to where I was going to tell her. But I didn't, I needed to keep this on the downlow from everyone. Not just because I don't want them to know, but because this is a mission that I was given from boss, and I'm not trying to mess anything up.

I walked to Javion's car that was parked outside of my house, and got in.

"Sup, Averi." He greeted.

I smiled, "hey." he started the engine and began driving.

"You know, I hope you're ready. Smiley's club is pretty hard to get into, and if you wanna make boss proud, you should do everything that you can to get in." he said after he turned the radio down.

I sighed as I got even more nervous. I don't see how that was supposed to motivate me at all. I took a look at my outfit, thinking that now it probably wasn't good enough. "Well thanks Javion, that's some good ass motivation words." I replied.

He sucked his teeth, "sorry, it's just the truth. I don't wanna make you nervous-"

"You already did. I feel even worse." I cut him off.

He sighed, "alright, well just do what you gotta do. You a pretty girl, it'll be easy for you."

I rolled my eyes and I grinned, "I know that you just saying that for right now." I said.

He chuckled, "but I'm not lying about you being pretty. Anyways though, lets just listen to some music because this gon' be a long ride." he turned the radio up.

After the silent ride with only the radio playing, we finally came to a stop. I looked around at the people that walked the side walks, and at the load of people waiting outside of a building.

"Is this it?" I asked.

Javion nodded, "yup." he replied.

I got out of the car as Javion did the same, and we both walked up to the building. Almost to the front door, Javion stopped. I turned around and furrowed my eyebrows, "what?" I asked.

"I came to bring you, and now you know where to go." He replied.

I shook my head, "but I don't know where to go. I just know that this is the place." He walked over to me and turned me around so that I was facing the front door, and the guards.

"Just tell that man," he pointed to one of them, "that you're here to apply for a job. Averi I can't go with you, they know my face but they don't know yours. We'll get caught if I go."

I nodded slowly, "okay I understand. I'ma call you when I'm done, be here quick." I said.

He nodded and then made his way back to the car. Before I continued walking, I looked up at the building's name. "Smiley's" it read. It was in all purple colors, with a small exotic looking girl next to it.

I sighed as I walked up to the man that Javion told me to; skipping all those people. They started cursing me out but I continued.

"Um, sir-" I began.

"Ma'am you have to get to the back of the line." he said before I could finish.

"I was told to come straight to you because I am applying for a job here. Are you supposed to take me to your boss..or..?" I said while looking around. He smiled and looked at the other body guard, signaling for him to take over. He grabbed my arm, and started leading inside the club.

"So what position are you applying for here?" he asked as we walked through hallways, and through a couple of doors. The carpet on the floor was red, and the walls were painted a dark purple with pictures of strippers on it. I'm guessing there's a certain hallway to the strip club.