29.

Sharai

My eyes widened and I quickly rose the gun that I had snatched from the dude who was now on the floor. I looked at who held the gun to my head, and seen Smiley standing there with the meanest glare on his face. My chest moved up and down quickly as I glided my finger over the trigger, and it didn't take me long to press onto it.

The clicking sounds that I heard from the gun every time I pushed against the trigger were starting to startle me. There were no bullets in this gun, and now Averi and I didn't have any protection. My hands shook as my eyes scanned back and forth from Smiley to the gun over and over. I knew that he knew this gun hadn't had any bullets in it now, especially after how many times I had tried to fire it.

"Nice try." he blurted out before yanking me by my hair and rapping his arms around my neck. Pointing the gun towards Averi now, he swung it around. "You come over here."

With the loaded gun that he held in his hands pointing at her, she listened to his every word. He held me in front of him, his arms still rapped tightly around my neck, and Averi now close by, with the gun pointed at her temple. As I looked ahead of us, I could see two men laying on the ground: one injured and one dead. I felt my body get hot, and even though I couldn't see their faces or make out who they were, I felt like it was probably Javion and Ramir. Ramir and Treylon. Either duo.

I slowly tried to turn my head to look at Averi, and when I did I seen her looking like she was almost about to fall out. She slowly caressed her stomach area, but then let it go. Her breathing seemed to be heavy, and her eyes seemed to be droopy, like she had been drugged, or hadn't been getting any rest. While I examined her, it look like both of my assumptions fit her description.

"Y'all niggas might as well just come out and show yall faces, I got who you want with me." Smiley's voice startled me, making me get out of my trance of studying Averi.

I looked around the room, hoping that the 'niggas' that he had to be talking to were the ones that I thought were dead. It was silent, we all stood in silence and I waited for some movement, or for Smiley to say something else. Nothing. Soon enough though, a body walked from around the doorway that was already busted open after all the commotion happened. My eyes widened once I seen that it was Treylon. He walked in with a gun in his hand, and Smiley raised his up at him. Treylon had been with Ramir last time I seen the up those stairs, but I didn't know if Smiley knew about that.

"So I was told you on some snake type of shit, huh?" Smiley told him. Treylon walked a little deeper into he place, and raised his hands up in surrender, with his gun still in his hand.

"Look, they don't know what they talkin bout, and I'm foreal." he shrugged, "I only brought them here so you could do what you do. But we got in a little shooting match outside and they ain't win."

My heart dropped once I heard that, and I shook my head, not believing him. I didn't want to believe it, he had to be lying. Tears raced down my face and I started almost loosing my balance. If they were dead and Treylon really wasn't on our side, then that was it for Averi and I. Not only that, but it was Ramir and Javion. For some reason, them being dead felt like if one of my family members were to die. It made my stomach turn, and I couldn't stand it.

"Oh really?" Smiley replied.

Treylon nodded, "yes now what you need me to do? The cops probably heard about suspicious activity and they might be on their way." Treylon admitted, "that's what I'm thinking."

It took a while for Smiley, but then I felt him nodding his head. "Okay, man. Well take this one and don't let her out of your sight. Get them further away from the door too, I gotta go pack up some of my shit if we leaving." For some reason he threw Trey his gun that he had in his hand. I'm guessing so he could have two to aim at hath Averi and I.