Chapter 2

A/N: This time the dedication goes to someone that actually got me on Wattpad technically, and the one who decided to be amazing and advertise for me. It really means a lot when you have a friend like that, especially since I don’t have many followers or know anyone on here, so it’s difficult to get a good start. It was something “small”, but it meant a lot to me, whether anyone listened to her or not.

So once again, thank you Dusty! It means a lot, and if you ever need a favor, you know where to find me!

Also I have a example of how I imagine the werewolves in this story as a picture beside.

{Probably... a max of two more dedications!}

            The phone call had woken me up, and it had made me smile for the first time in a while. The days had been difficult; Alpha had lately been pushing as winter was coming for us to start working on securing the borders. The snow was harsh as it bombarded the pack, causing us to be more alert. Our neighboring pack, Purtrainic (puhr- tray-nick), have turned against us. There was some feuding over the land, and mainly how the Purtrainic’s treat their pack members. At one point, both the Tamuq (TAH-mook) - our pack- and Purtrainic’s had been together, to help make us stronger. We still had the two separate alphas that controlled their own packs separately, but together we were a very strong force. Eventually, a tension grew between the two alphas ruling. The way each liked to punish and reward was very different, and the two packs together struggled to get along because of it.

            I suppose after that argument and separation we have never gotten along. There have been many times they have threatened to steal pack members to convince us to give up some of our land that they happen to believe is theirs. I personally believe it’s been a lot more misunderstanding than actual anger- and maybe some jealousy. Tamuq had gained quite a few of Purtrainic’s pack members after the split, and that has made their alpha, Klark Henderson, pissed.

            Our alpha, James Triner, has been a bit stressed out lately more worried Klark would dare go after his pregnant mate. I could understand his worry, but now it’s getting a bit ridiculous- third morning and night in a row a group of us have gone out there to watch the border.

            On my way up there, I couldn’t help but imagine how all these stories on how werewolves really were, and how we acted- a lot wasn’t the truth. People have preconceived this idea of how most of these myths are, but sometimes I’m shocked how accurate the stories can be. Our form was not like the popular kind now- we stood on hind legs and grew. We didn’t form into a wolf, we just gained wolfish features. I had even developed more in my werewolf form I had notice though.

            My fur had darkened, my claws had sharpened a bit, and my legs had strengthened. I was taller than I used to be- the same height as my father now. As a human form, I stood at six foot exactly- werewolf form on the other hand, I was seven foot five. My legs had strengthened, but it was still much easier to crouch. I was a bit more confident now, though that didn’t matter.

            On my way outside with the others, I had already left my clothes behind ad walked into the bitter cold in my boxers. I wasn’t willing to rip too many clothes, so I always stuck to just boxers on my way out. The transformation had at first been painful, but now the pain was mere as the hair on my body grew out, my muscles bulged and began to grow. I grew taller and taller, the familiar sound of the ripping of my shorts rang loud, my ears changing to more pointy, but furry familiar wolf like ones. The worse part of the transformation was the face. The jaw extended outwards and the eyes changed more into dog-like form.

            I opened my mouth and began to stretch my jaw, getting used to the new feeing again as I ran after the other two in my group for the west border. My mind trailed back over to Scarlet- it angered me sometimes. The distance and our relationship… I knew what she was, she was my mate. I had tried dating other girls while we wrote, none could replace or come near that feeling I had with Scarlet- and just simply writing. I didn’t even know if she felt what I did, such a strong connection that sparked and made me want more, more. I itched to meet her soon, but with the pack going on, I just never find time.

            I knew she was human, and that was what scared me. If I showed such a weakness to her, what most considered a monster… would she still look at me the same way? Surely not, the boy she knew was Alexander, not Alexander the werewolf. What was to say she’d even want me? I would hope so, but she may want a normal life, a normal family… with a human man, not one like me.

            A lot of times I craved to be normal, a human- not this, but I was ‘born this way’, and there was no going back. I decided that when I was able to graduate from high school, I’d leave real quickly and find Scarlet- if the opportunity doesn’t present itself sooner- and try to win her over. I just have to hope that maybe- just maybe- a human can feel the strong bond that we are born to share together.