Chapter 4

This dedication goes to someone I have just recently met, and she hasn’t been on Wattpad long, but I slightly dragged her onto here. She is very sweet, and just a beautiful girl- her personality is gorgeous. She’s my little admirer, and I’m thrilled she’s back and is okay!

So here’s to you, AuthorsDay, for being so kind and open with me, and for being a great new friend. I hope our adventures together continue!

Want to see what Scarlet was wearing? Look to the side and you'll see a picture of what Scarlet wore in this chapter =>

After only a little convincing from Kaitlyn and Becca, I finally decided to go to Bridgemont. It was Thursday, and I had picked out my outfit the day before. Our teachers had mentioned we needed to dress professionally, since we were representing our school and this was a lucky experience.

            I had finally decided on my outfit- a black skirt that went down a bit lower than mid-though, with a white floral shirt that didn’t hug tightly like the skirt, calming down the look. I wore white heels on my feet, and lightly curled my hair. I didn’t go out too much, but knew half the girls were going to show up looking like models in hope Tobias Elijah popped up anywhere, which I was still convinced he had been warned about a high school’s presence, causing him to most likely skip.

            Either way, I wasn’t there to impress anyone but the principals, hoping to show some dignity and pride for learning rather than for dating a wealthy man.

            I normally wore a ring on every finger, but today I only styled my junior class ring, and I had my origami necklace on. I put on some light lip gloss, and I had already had my nails recently done at the nail salon. I smiled a bit, nodding deciding I did look rather girly compared to my usual self, but first impressions made a count. I grabbed the little hand bag my mom insisted on having, looking down at it, unsure how to hold it compared to my fifty pound bag that lugged around my stuff, while this only held the essentials and money.

            I slipped on the shoes and began making my way out, my mom flashing a picture when I least expected it, “You look beautiful, honey!” she said excitingly.

            “Thanks mom” I said sheepishly, shuffling a bit with a light smile.

            “Do you have everything you need?” she asked, walking over and fixing my shirt, skirt, and then pulling my hair in front of me.

            “No, I have everything I need” I said lightly.

            “Amber, leave her alone. She’ll be just fine.” My father said, coming to my rescue= thank the Lord.

            “I know it’s just... She’s grown up so fast” my mother said choking up. Oh dear, here comes the tears.

            “It’s only a field trip, mom. I’ll be back after school” I said laughing lightly, slowly scooting back towards the door. I had to get out before more tears flowed, or else.

            “Have fun” my dad said winking at me, basically saying he was getting me out of it. He wrapped an arm around my mom and began pulling her towards the kitchen to ‘eat breakfast’.

            I made my escape out to my jeep, half running before reaching the car and unlocking it. I opened the door and slipped in, starting it up with a sigh. I didn’t put any makeup on except the lip gloss, so I didn’t need to check for it, and then pulled out of the drive way, putting my seatbelt on as I did.