~{5}~ Lord Thorne

~{5}~ Lord Thorne

I jolted awake and sat up trying to remember where I was. And sadly all of that was just as I thought, a simple dream. However now that I can think clearly I realise how ridiculous I've been behaving, out of and in the dream. I let Wolfgang get to me and I barely know him and now I'm having intense dreams and fantasies about him. I just let him grab my waist and attempt to kiss me! Well I have pictured worse, and it was just a dream but that was way too realistic and I enjoyed it a little bit too much. The worst part about this is I actually believed in that apology. I groaned and slipped my fingers through my knotted hair then I felt something in it. I pulled out a dark red rose petal so I turned myself around and glared at the red rose that sat teasingly on my pillow. Did he sneak into my room last night just to put it there?

"He was in my room?" I gasped, the next time I see him he's going to get it. Will he have a better conscious knowing I've forgiven him? I haven't yet because he hasn't apologised, you know in real life. Why am I continuously thinking about him?! I jumped out of bed and shaking away all the thoughts and dreams of him. I glared at my reflection in the mirror then asked it confusingly as if it would have the answer. "What is wrong with men?"

"Rose it's time to get up!" Mother bellowed as she walked right past my room to the kitchen. Oh she can yell and I'm forbidden, hypocrite. I picked a simple cream coloured gown with small puffy sleeves and a cream coloured ribbon around the waist that ties back a big bow, instead of being big it's nice and slim. I just hope mother doesn't notice I'm not wearing a corset... I braided part of my hair and made so it was in a half up and half down style and put a ribbon in it. We're meeting lord Thorne... A lord, a lord wants to meet some farmers. This just doesn't seem right. What does papa think about all this? I stepped out and quietly crept to papa's room closing the door quietly behind me then sat next to father as he snored.

"Papa?" He never sleeps in so I gently squeezed his arm making him stir. He opened his eyes and they were red and looked sore. He looked directly at me and gave me a weak smile. "Are you feeling alright?" He coughed a few times then sat up slowly.

"Of course I am just a little tired that's all."

"Papa you're deathly pale. Are you ill?" I pushed checking his temperature. His forehead is all sweaty and I can see the blue veins all along his arms looking like creepy vines. "You're boiling up!" I exclaimed.

"I'm fine. What are you wearing? Let me see." He ordered so I stood up and did a little twirl. The dress flowing around me as I did then I stared down at him. "You look beautiful." He complimented and so I smiled sweetly. "Where is your mother taking you?"

"I'm too sure actually, all I know is that we're meeting someone."

"Who?" He asked and before I could answer the door swung open to reveal mother. Who was dressed in such a fine lilac coloured gown, frills on the top then buttoned up to the top of her neck, her hair sleeked back in a bun, her hands gloved and holding a closed parasol. "Annabeth, you look very nice." He said and she nodded.

"Thank you Derrick." She said not really caring about the compliment and doesn't even look slightly worried about him, how can they be so cold towards each other but still... Make love?

"Where did all this come from?" He asked and she looked around the room.

"Just found it in a draw somewhere. Now come along Rose."

"Where are we going?" I asked and she scowled losing her patience once again.

"Lord Thorne is to be here any minute now to pick us up and take us to town." But why? Who is this Lord she seems to be so obsessed with? I won't ask because from I've learnt it's not safe to question her.