~{9}~ Broke down the wall

My eyes fluttered open and I found my head resting on Wolfgang's chest. I gazed up to see Rufus still snoring in my bed. I can't believe this, I spend one night in a glorious bedroom and I end up sleeping on the couch. Rufus looks so adorable, he look seven smaller than he is in the queen size bed. I gazed up at Wolfgang as he remained soundlessly asleep also. The sunlight is streaming through but the curtains are drawn so there is a shadow over his eyes. But the sun is hitting the rest of him and me. I pulled the curtain a little so his whole face is shaded and so he doesn't wake up just yet. I moved myself closer to his face and just analysed him. Those ridiculously bushy eyebrows, his lips are starting to look less cracked and dry and his hair is getting longer. I think every time I see him he's starting look to more mature. That tad bit manlier, I think that's the right word to describe him. I started randomly outlining the shape of his nose with my index finger and he sniffled. I giggled silently then gently felt his lips. He licked his lips and my finger and I whipped my hand away as he opened his eyes. He blinked a few times and then stared down at me.

"Good morning." I whispered to him still practically lying on top of him and he rested his hand on the small of my back.

"Morning." He whispered back then started sitting himself up so I quickly sat myself up. "Amazing I spend the night with a huge bed and I don't even sleep in it." He said and I laughed.

"That's exactly what I thought. Although technically you were supposed to sleep on the couch."

"True, so why did you sleep on the couch?" He questioned me and I was taken aback.

"I don't know, I don't remember." I said then remembered that he had fallen asleep as I was reading. When I was about to get up he pulled me down to cuddle in his sleep. "Wait you made me sleep with you."

"I did not." He growled going red in the cheeks. "I would never."

"Not now but last night you did in your sleep." I explained and for something reason he glared away angry. "No. Don't."

"What?" He asked confused.

"We sealed that promise with a kiss you can not back out from it."

"That promise was to treat you like a friend and sometimes friends will disagree on things. Besides it's not like you kissed me on the lips." I stiffened and started blushing.

"Are you suggesting something?" I asked as joke and he fell back off the couch in shock of what I said making me burst out laughing. I threw my head back and accidentally banged on the window pane. "Ouch!" I cried and that's when Wolfgang burst out laughing. I think that's the first time I have ever heard him laugh so I started laughing with him. His laughing makes him look more human. I've finally broken down that wall he's been keeping up since I first met him. Suddenly there was a knock on the door and we both looked at each other with the same thought. 'Caught in the act'"Under the bed." I whispered and he slid right underneath.

"Madam."

"One moment please." I called out while shaking Rufus awake. He fluttered his eyes open and I picked him up off the bed then knelt down to pass him over to Wolfgang.

"Madam what on Earth are you doing on the floor?" The pestering woman pestered and I breathed out deeply than stood up to see her standing right on the other side of the bed. Please don't notice anything suspicious... what will Lucas say if he catches me with a boy in his room? What will he tell my parents? I sighed. I must stay focused.

"I'm disgusted by my feet. Is breakfast being served already?"

"Yes I have maids ready to dress you." Her black hair is tied back in a high bun not one hair out of place but she still reminds me of some demon bird woman. I don't know why but maybe it's just the way her face is structured.

"Oh no. I can dress myself." I said raising my hands up. I don't want Wolfgang watching other women dress and undress me. No way!

She held a little bell towards me. "Alright then, just ring this bell when you're done and someone shall come up to escort you." She left it on the nightstand next to the bed and then walked out of the room shutting the door. I blew out a puff of air in relief then knelt down again to see Rufus crawling out to me. I picked him up and stood up watching Wolfgang stand himself up and stare at me.

"She wanted maids to dress you?" He questioned and now I feel self conscious since I'm in just a simple nightgown.

"Wealthy people are so up themselves that they believe dressing themselves is peasant work. That's all I can make of it." I said then walked over to the wardrobe hugging myself as he laughed. "I love your laugh. It's the first time I've heard."

"Oh yeah..." He said angrily. "Well don't get used to it." He growled and so I picked up one of the fancy shoes down at the bottom of the cupboard and threw it at his head. "Ouch!"

"What? What happened?" I asked pretending to be confused and he growled.

"You threw a shoe at my head!" He exclaimed and I gasped acting offended.

"I would never do such a childish thing." I argued angrily but when I looked at the dresses I started smirking just so he couldn't see.

He breathed now my neck. "Don't think that just because you're looking away." I curled my lips in as my whole body shivered at his closeness. "That I can't sense you smiling." I couldn't help but giggle then quickly covered my mouth.

"I always bash my friends up might as well get used to it." I sardonically said gazing at him over my shoulder. Wow he's really standing close to me.

"Maybe that's why you don't have any." He whispered and I gasped then glared at him playfully as he smirked wryly.

"Hey that's not nice!" I turned around and crossed my arms under my breasts staring at his mystical green and blue eyes.

"You threw a shoe at my head. After all I've done for you." He mocked and I pouted.

"Oh Wolfgang I've thanked you for that already. Now turn around I have to get dressed and then we'll to try sneak you out." I turned around to pick out something but I still felt him watching me. "I need to get dressed and I'm not having you watch you perve now turn around." I heard him sigh and felt him move across the room. But I can still sense him watching me. "Don't think that because I'm not looking at you that I can't sense you watching me." I turned around and he was already facing the wall. I turned back and pulled out one of the red gowns left in the cupboard. I can't believe there's only red. The whole room is colour coordinated it's weird.

~🌹~

"OK." I whispered peering out the door. "Do you know where you are going?" I asked Wolfgang as he walked out of my room with me carrying Rufus over his shoulder as he slept. I looked at Rufus's adorable sleeping face for a split second then gazed up at Wolfgang.

"Yes. Rose if you want I can take you with me and bring you safely home." He suggested and to be honest I would love that... That's more than I could want from him. And I imagined that for a moment. Him leading me to safety as usual and maybe even holding my hand as we ran back to my home. But of course that's too romantic for since we're just friends now and it just wouldn't be fair on Lucas after his hospitality.

"I can't just leave without as much as a goodbye. That'd be rude."

"But you don't really want to stay here with this man do you?"

I'm so tempted to let her go off with him but that would go against what I have planned for next.

So wonderful readers what do you want to happen?

Because right now I'm so torn... Please help as well as vote comment and fan.

Meow for now