The LBJ Files (Book IV)

Quote: "You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered", unquote, US President LBJ, (August 27, 1908-January 22, 1973)

Prologue:

The stained Nation of America wilted.

Watergate sheared into the fabric of who really wanted to obliterate President John F Kennedy, and Attorney-General Robert  "Bobby" Kennedy.

The irrational behavior of President Richard M Nixon, and Vice-President Spiro Agnew, wasted the countries' consciousness, thanks to Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein, taking down the President thanks to their exhaustive reporting for 'The Washington Post', on corruption, bribery, and threats that caused everyone to spew forth  their own warped ideological belief system that rotted away  John Mitchell's power as well...And other heavyweights like G. Gordon Liddy, John Ehrlichman, and L. Patrick Grey, III.

Such people in power are egotistic; such people are ego maniacs. And, in the case of the Watergate burglars, their power was diluted by stupidity, idiocy, and sheer luck when they burgled the Democratic Convention Party office in Washington, DC, on June 17, 1972.

And, over two years' later, on August 9, 1974, US President Richard M. Nixon, resigned. And, in doing so, scarred America for decades to come.

Page 1