Chapter Four-President LBJ-(Part two)-The Early political years

Quote: "What convinces is conviction. Believe in the argument you're advancing. If you don't you're as good as dead. The other person will sense that something isn't there, and no chain of reasoning, no matter how logical or elegant or brilliant, will win your case for you", unquote, President LBJ, (August 27, 1908-January 22, 1973)

I

Time moves onward.

II

Because of LBJ's father's association with US Democrat Congress Speaker, Samuel Taliaferro "Sam" Rayburn, (January 6, 1882 – November 16, 1961), he got into politics in 1930.

**Rayburn served 17 years as US Speaker, and was a  Bonham, Texas lawmaker**.

III

LBJ worked for Senator Welly Hopkins. The charismatic Texan fuelled the young politician's rise to power after the 1929 Stock Market Crash which decimated America's socio, economic, and political climate.

And, as the Great Depression stopped the country, crime and violence took over the US. Gangsters like Al Capone ruled Chicago with baseball bats to bash his enemies into submission. And Eliot Ness, (and the "Untouchables"), cleaned the city up under 32nd President Theodore  Delano Roosevelt, (January 30, 1882 – April 12, 1945); Roosevelt passed away just as WWII ended when SS Nazi Leader Adolf Hitler, (April 20, 1889-April 30, 1945), committed suicide in his bunker after almost six years of war...The deaths of six million Jews in the concentration camps across Europe stained the World, as everyone attempted to re-build afterwards.

IV

With Roosevelt's allies including British Prime Minister Sir Winston Leonard Spencer-Churchill, KG, OM, CH, TD, DL, FRS, Hon. RA (30 November 1874 – 24 January 1965), and Russian Prime Minister, Joseph Stalin or Iosif Vissarionovich Stalin (Russian: Ио́сиф Виссарио́нович Ста́лин, pronounced [ˈjosʲɪf vʲɪsɐˈrʲonəvʲɪt͡ɕ ˈstalʲɪn]; born Ioseb Besarionis dze Jugashvili, Georgian: იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე ჯუღაშვილი, pronounced [iɔsɛb bɛsariɔnis d͡ze d͡ʒuɣaʃvili]; 18 December 1878[1] – 5 March 1953), all helped to bring stability during WWII against the Führer, (Adolf Hitler), culminated in the beginning of "The New World", post 1945.

**President Roosevelt worked with his Senior Advisor, Harry Lloyd Hopkins, (August 17, 1890 – January 29, 1946). In the US, Hopkins saved America by creating "The Works Progress Administration", (WPA); and $US50 billion went to the famous "Lend-Lease program", to secure victory against Germany**.

***

LBJ's job in Washington, DC, happened thanks to the  United States House of Representatives  Democrat Richard Mifflin Kleberg, Sr., (November 18, 1887 – May 8, 1955); Kleberg served the Texas's 14th congressional district, and did a magnificent job. Before he died, he made sure that LBJ would do a great job as his successor in Texas; Kleberg also let LBJ take control of the King Ranch, (South Texas).

LBJ was Kleberg's secretary from 1931 up to 1935, (when he was the Texas National Youth Administration Head); LBJ's rise in 1931 was due to the passing of Republican Harry McLeary Wurzbach, (May 19, 1874 – November 6, 1931); Wurzbach was also a Attorney. He was a native of San Antonio, Texas, and was a Washington and Lee University School of Law graduate, (1896); he served in the Spanish-American War, (1896-98), and served as a volunteer for the Company F; First Regiment Texas Infantry Division.

***

With the  War years spent fighting the Japanese in Australia, under the head of General of the Army Douglas MacArthur, (26 January 1880 – 5 April 1964), they were part of the elite 22nd Bomb Unit, (Lae, New Guinea), that also led to the infamous "Pearl Harbor" attacks in Hawaii. With the help of the Australian military from Darwin, the Pacific Solution was saved...but at a heavy cost.