Chapter 6

After I got off the phone with Claire, the boys and I immediately started packing for the long trip ahead of us. It would take 10 hours to get there. The good thing about this being a wendigo is that wendigos store their food for a very long time before eating them. Claire's father has a good chance of surviving this. I hope Dean doesn't make me stay at the motel and do research. I would understand where he would be coming from but it's just so boring and I know these people. And I want to be able to drive their father back to them. I want to be there when we rescue John.
When we arrived at Claire's house the door immediately flew open and Claire ran out to me. The boys and I were already out of the car.
"WINTER!" She yelled in an excited voice. I crouched down to Claire's height and picked her up in my arms. I saw Claire's mother, Jenny, standing in the doorway. We waved to each other and I carried Claire over to Sam and Dean.
"Claire this is Dean." I pointed to Dean. Claire stuck her hand out and Dean grabbed it gently between his thumb and fore finger and shook her hand.
"I'm Claire."
"I'm Dean." I walked over to Sam and they did the same thing. I walked back over to Dean who was grabbing stuff out of the trunk.
"I'm going to go take Claire back inside and talk to Jenny." I said as I switched Claire from my left hip to my right one. She started playing with my long brown hair. Dean nodded.
"Sam and I will meet you inside." I nodded and Dean kissed the top of my head. I patted Sam on the shoulder as I walked by him and he smiled at me.
"Does Dean like you?" Claire whispered to me.
"I think so. I married him." I said. Claire smiled big at me and clapped her hands.
"He's very handsome and tall. And Sam is handsome too." Claire whispered again.
I widened my eyes playfully.
"I know right." I whispered. We both laughed. I walked up to Jenny and hugged her.
"How are you holding up?" I asked.
Jenny shrugged. I put my hand on her arm.
"Don't worry. We'll find him."