Lost Hearts.

Demi hugged Nick tightly as she held onto her suitcase and her bags with her other hand. She began to quiver and cry, she was going to miss him so much. They had been dating for around 3 months, and she was completely in love with him. She could see Nick didn't feel the same way yet though, and she promised herself not to say it before him. He had loved many girls over the years and he had had his heart broken so many times that he was trying to protect it from pain, again. If he wanted to say it, he couldn't, and if he didn't, he wouldn't. Demi knew their relationship would be like this, and shed just have to accept it. Nick would adapt.

"Im going to miss you so much.." Nick mumbled in her ears. Demi sniffled and looked up at Nick's red face. She smiled a little and kissed his cheek.
"I'll be back soon" She responded, trying to comfort not only Nick but herself also.
"Don't forget about me, okay?" She sniffled and Nick chuckled at how ridiculous she was being. How could he forget a girl like Demi? a girl so bubbly and charming, she'd light up the area with just a small smile. A girl so beautiful and stunning that shed make everyone smile just by being there. How could he forget her?

"I could never. Please don't forget me." he begged, Demi snorted, as if. How could she forget such a charming gentleman like Nick? who'd make all the girls blush and squirm just by giving them a smirk or a smile. how could she forget that?!
"I could never." She moved forward and connected their lips. She kissed him slow and took in every moment. Just the thought that this would be the last time she could hold him and kiss him for 4 years broke her heart.

"Flight to Washington DC. Boarding gates are now open." Demi heard the voice and she pulled away from the kiss. She let a few more tears fall as she waved goodbye to Nick. He did the same and gave her a reassuring smile.
"Call me when you get there!" he shouted loud enough for her to hear from where she was. She gave him a thumbs up and gave him a wink, before disappearing..

That was 3 years ago. Nick went through a lot of heartbreak, but he got over Demi a lot faster then she got over him. He changed his number. He practically forgot about her and if you said her name, he'd be clueless unless you dropped some hints. He had a new girlfriend and he was happy...at least that's what he told himself. His brothers were happy for him too even though they secretly hated him for being so mean and so forgetful about the woman who loved him so much. His parents were okay with him moving on. They saw Nick and Demi as puppy love and nothing more. It was a shame they looked at it like that because it really wasn't like that at all.

That was 6 months ago. Demi went through a lot of heartbreak, and still hasn't moved on. She still misses Nick and cries about it all the time. She texts him but he doesn't reply, she emails him but he ignores her, she calls him but he rejects her calls. Demi picked up the phone and went through her contacts. She told her the same thing she told herself everyday. 'Maybe he'll pick up today' Even though she knew it was all just wishful thinking. She clicked on the contact that read 'Nick❤' and pressed call. it rang around 5 times before going to voicemail. Demi sighed and shut her phone. She couldn't stand it, not talking to him. Why was he ignoring her? She broke down into tears, for the 10th time today.

The two were two lost hearts. Demi loved too much, and Nick loved too little. One was going to get hurt in the end, and its not gonna be pretty.
--------------------------------------------------