Camping

"We hope you enjoy your stay at our best resort." The nice young man led us towards the lounge. "This will be your resting place. Please enjoy your stay." He handed us our key then left all of a sudden.

I had it all planned out. We were going to go camping first, then we'd go for a lovely walk, then we'll have a lovely picnic or dinner depending on the weather, and then we'd end it with a talk, until the next day. I wanted to spend some precious time with Ian. Ever since we started dating all he's been focused on was getting a job to feed us both. This has been the first time ever that we've gone on a trip or vacation.

"Shay, are you done?" Ian asked while behind the door.

"Yes." I was ready to head out. I had just finished getting myself all purdy for my hubby. I hope he'd appreciate it.

I had my camping outfit on. "Are you ready?" I asked Ian.

"Yeah! Let's go." Ian grabbed my arm and directed me towards outside.

"I have this whole day planned out for us and I just can't wait to start."

"Before we start with your plan... my phone... run... you get twenty seconds. It's like hide and go seek, but the only difference is there's nowhere for you to hide with all this grass and no hiding place..." Ian was dead serious about this. "Why aren't you running? you only have twenty seconds... twenty... nineteen... eighteen..." I dash the heck away. Ian got me good. He directed me towards a place that was mostly grassy and asked me to run... He's going to "so" get it.

I was kind of mad, but it was really fun. I figured he was joking since he wasn't running at his usual speed. I would slow down because I was running out of breath and he would slow down too just so I could get a head start. And sometimes I would just slow down on purpose.

 And sometimes I would just slow down on purpose

Sometimes we'd just stand holding each other

Sometimes we'd just stand holding each other. For Pete sake, let's stay like this forever. We could have done this as long as possible, but I had more planned than this and we can't ruin my plan just because I like the feel of his hands around me.

I smacked Ian's arm and pointed in front of us. "Look, the mountain climbing site." I dragged Ian to the site.

I stopped. Looking at it made me realize something... why is it so high. "What are you waiting for?" I looked at it frightened. "Are you scared of heights?" I didn't speak a signal word because of how frightened I was. "We don't have to climb it." I wanted to climb it so bad, but I couldn't.  

Ian set me on his back. "Hold on tight." I wrapped my arms around Ian's neck. I couldn't help but giggle. My heart still beats when I'm around him. "I know how badly you want to climb it but I also know you have a fear of heights. So let me have the pleasure of carrying you up." Oh, how he gets me. I guess this is the reason I love him. He understands me before I even understand myself. "What are you smiling about?"

I kept shut. Even though I have the ability to speak I don't have to because the person I wanted to understand me already does without the usage of my voice.

"How do you like it up here?" It was beautiful! I felt like I was on top of the world, I felt like I was unstoppable, as if I could fly, as if I was free, and I loved it! Tears of joy dropped. Being up here with Ian gave me the feeling of being... of being... majestic and made it seem like we were all alone.

 majestic and made it seem like we were all alone

"Are you that happy?"

"One word... Ian." I think I'm getting even more romantic then Ian.

"If you talk like that I can't help, but smile myself to death."

"Same."

"I didn't want to say anything, but you do realize you've been keeping your eyes shut this whole time."

"Yeah."

"Well, I want you to uncover them so you can see the beautiful scenery."

"I can't."

"Yes, you can. Just move your hands from your face," Ian said sarcastically.

"I can't."

"Yes, you can." Ian took his hands and removed my hands from my eyes.

"I removed my hands, but I still can't see it."

"There's only one way to solve this." Ian just came out of nowhere and kissed me on the forehead. I opened my eyes in surprise. And there I saw it... the sunset so wonderful.

"Ian... Ian..."

"What is it?"

"So beautiful and so... so..."

"Tell me."

"AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!" I started to breathe real hard and fast. "Get me off here!!!! I HATE HEIGHTS!!! I'm so scared."

"Well, Ian is here for you." Ian separated his arms to let me in.

"I guess there's no other choice, but to..." I jumped off the mountain.

"Shay!" Ian was going crazy. "I can't believe you just did that!" Did he think I was dead? "I can't live without you. You jump and I'll jump too." Ian jumped right after me.

I laughed at his stupidity. "We bungee jumped, you idiot."

"That was really uncalled for."

"I'm sorry." Ian hugged me tight. "Heeehee."

"What was that?" Ian laughed.

"I would have never made that sound if you would stop hugging and touching people with your lips unexpectedly."

"You said people... who else have I done that with?"

"Yo momma."

"That is so funny," Ian said sarcastically.

"Let's go." I walked ahead of Ian.