Chapter 7

**MONDAY MORNING**

Me and Lincoln had started texting over the weekend and the plan was that I would go and pick him up from his house.

I got out of bed and hopped into the shower completing my normal routine for school days.

I race down the stairs and quickly grab a bowl and pour the cereal. I eat my breakfast really fast and run out the door  so that I can plug in Lincoln's address into google maps.

You will arrive in 5 minutes, it says. I set it to Australian male cause why the heck not.

I finally pull up in front of Lincoln's house. Just as I am about to get up and knock he comes barreling out the door to the car.

We get to the school 8ish minutes later and we both step out of the car. It's not like one of this cliché books or movies were everyone is staring at us. In fact there is no one looking at us because we are incredibly late for the start of the day and no one is outside.

Lincoln and I walk into the building and head towards the front office. The lady gives Lincoln his schedule and I glance over at it. We have three classes the same. English, chem, and gym.

We walk together to our first class. When we finally make it there is only ten more minutes.

"Ms. Coulson can I ask why you are late."

"Well I sure hope you can. If not you should really get that checked out." I answer back sarcastically.

Lincoln steps in saying, "She was just showing me where all of my classes are so that I wouldn't get lost and turn up late to any of the other classes."

"Alright go take a seat." She just says almost like she's saying great another one of these kids.

I quietly take my seat next to Leo and tell Lincoln to take the empty seat behind mine.

For the entire class Lincoln is just sitting behind me making jokes that are so ridiculous I can't help but laugh at them.

When the bell finally rang we both got up and headed out of the class.

"Hey I have to get to my next class. Will you be able to find yours?"

"Yeah I'll be fine the teacher gave me like this map thing or whatever."

"Cool I'll meet you at gym and them we'll walk to lunch and I'll introduce you to some of my other friends."

"Alright see you later," he says walking away.

I quickly rush to my next class so that I won't be late. I take my seat and zone out for the rest of class. I go to my other classes and finally make it to gym. I immediately see Lincoln surrounded by a bunch of girls and looking extremely uncomfortable. I make my way over to where he is.

"Alright, alright let's go." I say pulling him away from the crowd.

Lincoln just starts laughing at me for no reason.

"Why are you laughing?" I say extremely confused about what he could possibly find so funny.

"Nothing, your face was just really weird."