Chapter 10

I woke up and immediately checked the clock next to me.

10:37

I felt my eyes widen as I realized how late I was for school. I got out of bed and was in the middle of putting some shorts on when I remembered that it was Saturday.

I groaned. "Great, I got up for nothing."

I finish getting dressed and then I walk downstairs and see AC sitting at the table eating an omelet. I go sit down and grab some cereal from the pantry.

"What do you plan on doing today?" He asks putting down the newspaper.

"Eh, I don't really know, probably just hang out watch some T.V." When I saw the look he was giving me I quickly added that I would also go to the pool or beach.

"Lincoln is coming over soon and we're gonna watch something." I say to him while checking my phone for the time.

"Who's Lincoln?" Is that the guy who was here the other day!?" He asks angrily.

"No, that was Ward, I don't think he'll be coming over anymore. He made it pretty clear that he doesn't like me." I say with a twinge of hurt.

"What did he do?!" AC asks. "Is it my fault. Is he not coming because of what happened?"

"No, when I saw him at lunch he was kissing someone else." I say sadly.

"That boy is crazy for letting you go." He says shaking his head.

A few seconds later the doorbell rings. "That's probably Lincoln."

I walk to the front door and open it to see Lincoln.

"Come on in I was just getting some breakfast, do you want anything?" I ask trying to be polite while AC is here.

"No thanks." He says turning down my offer. He starts to smile as if he knows what I'm doing, I just shrug and smile a bit.

"Alright kids I've got a case so I'll be back late probably." AC says walking over to us and kissing my forehead before walking out.

As he is about to close the door he yells back into the house. "Be safe!"

I automatically start to blush at that comment. And looking over to Linc I see that he looks a bit uncomfortable and flustered.

"Alright let's go watch something." I say awkwardly walking back up to my room.

Linc follows means we lay down on my bed as he picks something for us to watch. About minute later he decides on Bones. I haven't seen it before but Lincoln says it's really good so we decide to watch the first episode.

"This is a really good show!" I say excitedly as we continue to watch it.

We finish the third episode and I get a text on my phone from AC telling me to go outside and do something productive.

"Hey do you wanna go to the beach?" I ask Linc really quick.

"Sure that would be fun! I have to get my swim trunks from my house first though." He says.

"Alright sounds good. I'll go change and then we'll stop by your house to get your stuff." I say as I push him out of my room so that I can but my swim suit on.

I look at the two that I got with Mel and decide on the white one. I quickly throw it on and put a white cover up over it and grab my Ray Bans on the way out.

"Alright let's go." I say dragging Lincoln out to the car.

"Geez woman your so violent today!" He says rubbing his arm.