Chapter 2: Exhaustion & Naiads

Next Chapter! Lets Roll!

                           August/17/4:32PM/3rd Person

He kept running, non-stop. The lightning strikes followed him, determined to slay the demigod.It's obvious they were erratic. Normal lightning would never follow a child across the city. He had sprinted to Flatbrush Avenue, and make his way down that road. After several minutes of running, he hopped a fence into Prospect Park Zoo. He was being fed energy by his father, while Zeus was hot on his nephews trail. He ran fast, at inhuman speeds, making his way to the intersection between East Drive and Center Drive, and decided to keep going further. Five minutes later, the voice told him to turn right, and he ran through the bushes, yelping as a lightning bolt had struck a pole thirty feet away from him. He dashed through the fauna, and made his way to a sidewalk, and kept running. On the outside, the child looked fine, except for slight exhaustion. On the inside, he was a wreck, depending on the man who was feeding energy and directions to him. He had hope, when he saw a lake, fifty feet ahead of him. The child made a mad dash towards the body of water, the man inside his head giving him more energy. The raven haired boy dove into the lake, but he was too slow. When the majority of his body was in the water, Zeus let out his final bolt. It had struck the demigod in the left leg, frying his left leg from foot to right under the knee. It was totally useless. Zeus had thought the demigod was dead, as the water boiled and dead fish rose to the surface, while the boy passed out in shock as he sunk to the bottom.

                     August/17/5:00PM/Percy's PoV

"Uuurrrgh..." The raven haired demigod groaned, as he awoke from his underwater slumber. He felt a sharp pain in his left leg, or where it used to be. He looked down, his eyes widening, as he realized his leg was cut off, everything from the bottom of the knee down.  "W-what!?" He gasped in shock. He turned suddenly as he heard sighing. He saw a group of fish tailed woman, who were very pretty, just like his mother. "D-do you know Ariel?" He spurted out, it was the first thing that came to mind. The naiads giggled. "No young one, we are from your father's court." One out of the five naiads replied. The boy had a thoughtful look on his face, "Father...?" He asked himself, before the memories came back to him. "Mommy!" He shouted all of a sudden, turning to the naiads. "Is she okay!?" He asked, but his eyes welled with tears when they all shook their heads slowly.  He curled into a ball, and quietly mourned his mother. "Sadly, there is no time for mourning young prince. You need to get to the ocean, quickly." The leading naiad replied. "Young prince? B-but, how will I get there? My leg is gone?" Percy replied, his voice quivering.  "We have a temporary replacement, until you get to Lord Poseidon." The naiad replied, summoning a leg, made of ice. The naiad put it on to Percy's stump leg,and it connected as the flesh grew to the top of the leg, moving like a normal leg would. Perseus gawked at the magic ice leg. "Before you go, I give you this, a gift from your father." The naiad handed Percy a basic, unbalanced celestial bronze short sword. "It is basic, but will provide you protection until you reach Lord Poseidon." Percy nodded testing out his leg, and the sword. "One more thing prince, I am your servant, assigned by your father." He had taken a more closer look at the naiad. She was young, about his age. "What is your name?" He asked politely. The naiad shook the golden curls from her young face. "My name is Annabeth, young prince." 

Feel Free To Message Me If You Have Any Questions or Concerns.