Chapter 1: VMA's

Selena's POV

 “Come on, Selena, you need to get ready,” my makeup artist Aubrey sighs.

“I’ll be two secs, Aubs”, I reply. “Getting ready for an award sure isn’t as easy as it looks, ya know.”

Aubrey sighs, once again, running a hand through her chocolate brown hair. “It would be if you would stop taking selfies every two minutes” she says. “Just remember that we only have 10 minutes until we have to leave the hotel. I need to make sure everything is fine with your hair and makeup.”

“Aubrey, I love you but you need to relax, everything is fine”. I say as I pat her back. Okay, so you might be guessing what’s happening tonight and who I am. My name is Selena Gomez but most of my friends call me Sel or Sisi, I’m nineteen years old and I’m a singer. I’m originally from a small town in Texas, USA but just over 5 years ago I moved to Los Angeles to take off both my singing and acting career. I have long dark brown hair, silky hair and deep brown eyes.  I was living with my mum and step dad until about a year ago I decided to by my first ever house, more of a condo.  It’s beautiful and elegant everything that I wanted in a house, I’m currently living with my older sister Aubrey, she’s also my hair and makeup artist so it’s really handy to have her around.

 I also live with my best friend of three years, Ashley Benson. You may know her from the popular teen drama Pretty Little Liars. She was the first people that I became friends with in LA and thanks to her LA is like home to me. We first met when we both auditioned for a TV show four years ago, unfortunately I didn’t get the part but she did. I’ve been in the music industry for about over Two years now ; when I’m not focusing on my music career I’m   also an actress, I’m currently on a break from acting for now. I had just released my first single off of my second album, Come and Get It a month ago, and everyone seemed to love it. It’s my third single to ever reach the top 5 in the billboard charts, I was behind proud of myself; never did I think this could happen to me. Plus I was rehearsing for what would be my first world tour. Granted, I had some hatters, but I tried hard to not focus on them and more on my adoring fans who managed to help me reach over 10 million followers on Twitter.

 It was amazing to think that so many people where so interested in me but at the same time it was nerve racking; I always felt that I could never make a mistake in front of everyone or else Perez Hilton or another blogger would instantly slate me. Texas was where most of my friends where and my family and it was a place where I knew I could be myself and not Selena Gomez the star but just Selena. As soon as I became homesick, I would soon remember all the sacrifice that my mum and I made to get me to peruse my career. My childhood was not what you call an easy ride, I grew up in a small town in Texas and I lived mostly with my mum and older sister. We didn’t have much money so sometimes money was a struggle.

 My mum is actress Eva Longoria, yes thee Eva Longoria from the hit show Desperate Housewives, yep that’s my mum.  From an early age my mum would always make me sing in the house and to be honest I loved it. I wasn’t much of a loud child that was all Aubrey who is my older sister. I was more timid and shy as a child but I remember as soon as you gave me a song I would have this new confidence in me. As for my dad I didn’t grow up knowing him but my mum would always go on about how handsome he was and how I got my singing talent from him. He moved away with his family when he was seven and my parents wouldn’t see another again until they were both sixteen. My mum had my older sister Aubrey a year later with some other guy; my parents were still in touch and my mum would say how my dad would always help her if she needed help with Aubrey. To her he was Aubrey’s father. My mum fell pregnant with me 3 years later and to her having me was the best thing ever for the both of them. She said my dad was so happy to have me and he mentioned many times that he always wanted to be a young father. My parents stayed together for another 2 more years, I don’t remember much about the day my dad left but all I do remember is seeing how distraught and broken my mum felt. She now had to care for two young children on her own. It was about two years after that my dad had left us that my mum got told by a mutual friend that his family had moved to England and he would never return back to Texas.