Descending Luck

Iris pov
It was the last strike and I had to try my best to win.I can't give my cup to her.She was smirking and started the game.I tried my best but missed.I heard my fans' groan.So this is the descending of a 5 times world champion?
"Shit!"I threw my racket on the floor.The cameramen shot my photo but I didn't care.Then Meline,my manager took me to my car where I usually storm out.
"stay here.I'll tell the chairman that you were sick"she said.
"sick of what?psychology?"I glared at her.Today is my unlucky day, to be honest it started last night.
Flashback
"hey honey"my mom entered my room as tomorrow is my final match.I was against world No.2 Maria Sharapova.She has been world No.2 for 5 times since I took No.1 for 5 years.I'm sure she'll try her best to beat me.
"hi mom"I answered.
"Nervous?"she asked.
"not really"I smiled."Can you do me a favor after the match?"she asked.
"What's that?"I asked.
"Your grandfa wants you to meet Brooklyn Beckhem tomorrow night for the wedding"she said.
"Whose wedding?Mine?"I asked and she nodded.
"So who's the groom?Don't tell me that it's Brooklyn."I rolled my eyes hoping she would say no.
"Yes he is",unfortunately,my mom sighed.
"What?Are you out of your mind?I've told you that I don't want to marry until I'm 30 and now what's with that?"I raised my voice because I was too shock as well as mad.
"sweety,it's only your grandfa who wants to do this.He and his best friend had made a promise to marry you and Brooklyn since you guys were little.Now,John is in his dying bed and he wants to see you guys marry before he dies."my mom explained.
"But why it has to be me?"I questioned.
"Because John loves you and he wants his best friend to be his family in a way.And plus he thinks you are the right person for Brooklyn."she continued.
"I don't think so and mom,Brooklyn has a girlfriend.And he's not my type"I shook my head.
"I know but time will do its work"my mom said.I sighed."Can I sleep now?"I asked,she kissed my forehead and left.
Flashback end
"Bullshit!"I said as I opened the beer to drink.I don't want to make this arranged marriage.I don't want to take Brooklyn from Chloe.I don't want to get marry.I want to live alone.I love freedom.

Brooklyn pov
"What?No,you can't break me and Chloe away.I'm not going to marry her.Chloe is the only girl who I want to marry."I told my parents as I tried to hold my temper.
"But Brooklyn,it's your grandfa's will and as you know,he can't stay with us for a long time"my dad said.I know grandfa means world to him.He's the only son and got a lots of love from my grandparents.I understand him but this is not the way.
"I know but can't you fulfill your grandfa's wish?He loves you very much."my mom added.
"But why me?What about Romeo or Cruz?"I told them even it's quite stupid.They're much younger than me.
"The ages are different young man and your grandfa wants only you to marry her"my dad said.
"Then what about Chloe?"I asked and both of them sighed."I'm not going to let her go"I said after learning what my parents sighs mean.
"Look Brooklyn,can I say honestly?"my dad said and I nodded.
"Your grandfa has only 6 months left and he wants to see you and Iris' wedding.And it's not his fault if he doesn't want Chloe as his granddaughter in law since she had broken your heart for many times and you're the only one who will become a saint.So choose between your family or your girlfriend."He left after he said and mom followed him.I was silent.

"Brooke,we're going to see grandfa,wanna join?"my little sister, Harper's voice appeared as she entered the room and I shook my head."Later"was the only thing I said before she left the room.I got a called from Chloe,she is in Africa for her shooting.
"Hey Chloe"I said."Hey B"she squeezed."I'll be back on Sunday and lets have a date on that day"she said.
"alright ok.Chloe,I love you" i said.
"love you too Beckhem"she said.I can imagined how big her smile is when I told her that I love her.

Evening has come,I don't want to go but I have to meet Iris for my grandma's sake.I drove my black BMW to Knight Hotel where my mom booked for us.It's a good place for celebrities since no paparazi are allowed to enter the building.I sat on a table which is romantically set for two.Then I saw Iris walking toward me.She was wearing a black dress.We have met each other two or three times but they were just simple conversations.
"hi"I smiled.
"hey"she smiled back.Both of us stayed silent until we had ordered our meal.
"So are you here to have dinner or to plan the wedding?"I smirked.
"Both but I prefer dinner"she smirked back.I smiled at her attitude.I think she is the same with me.
"So are you interested to marry me?"i asked.She stopped eating.

"Look, I know you're every girl's dream boy but not me.And I don't want to break you and Chloe. Plus I want to live independently without marriage and focus on my coming up match."she said and I nodded.

"Same here.I can't let Chloe go and I'm sorry to say that but I can't marry you"I said.
"That is.Are we done now?"she asked rolling her eyes.
"I think so"I said.
"Ok Brooklyn,tell your grandfa that I can't marry you or you can't marry me.And I hope he'll get well soon"she said.
"Thanks"I smiled.She walked away.Iris Hunter, queen of honesty and person who only cares herself more than anything else.