Chapter 22- Letter

▪︎~~~~~▪︎
K A S H ' M E R E

 "What is it you need to talk about?" I asked Kai curious, as to why he seemed so serious.

"It's a hard topic for you," He replied.

"What?" I pressured.

"It's your father," Kai said.

I shrugged.

"And?" I pushed him to continue.

"Stop being so careless, Kash'mere," Kai said.

"I'm not being careless. If I was, when you mentioned him I would've left." I rolled my eyes.

Kai sighed.

"He's on his death bed," He said.

I froze. I had prepared to hear anything but that.

"Dying? But how?" I asked, feeling a weird sudden pain in my heart.

"They say it's cancer and he hasn't been medicated properly. They are trying to locate his doctor but he's nowhere to be found in this vicinity. Anyway, listen here, he gave me something for you from both him and your mother," Kai informed.

I was honestly speechless. From my mother?

"What?" 

"Your mother had written you a letter just weeks before you were born and had told your father to give it to you when she had passed on if she did before you were 16. Otherwise, of course, she would've given it to you herself. Anyway, of course, your father did not give you the letter, but now he wants to," Kai explained.

Tears now were in my eyes, thinking of my mother and now dying father. I took the letter from him and started to read it.

Dear Kamille,
         I hope I don't change that name after this, I probably will, who knows? You must be saying who the heck is Kamille?

       Anyway, I must be dead before you are 16 or standing with you as you read this letter. I really hope it is the latter. However, I just have a few things to say that I think would resonate better in writing and you can also keep it, just in case you get Alzheimer's.

I laughed at that.

 You're 16, you must have quite matured. You've always been quite mature for your age. I have one sure thing I have to say, Always follow your brain but don't leave your heart out of it. This sounds new probably but I don't want you to be always following your heart and drop into something. Use your brain to make decisions, wise ones at that, then question yourself (heart) how you feel about it. It works, K, trust me. The next thing is always to be a leader with good morals. Don't be following any company. :-Z. Have a positive attitude and don't let irrelevant bitches or niqq'hs tackle you (unless if they attack you first then whoop their ass. 0:-) ) 

Don't depend on anybody. Fend firstly for yourself then for those who you love. Be confident and keep your head high and when you get there, get your money. What else shall I say? (Pregnancy brain kicking in..) Oh, know who is real with you, and don't be too quick to give judge but don't be too quick to give chances. It's also good to be pessimistic at times, look on the bad side of things, know em' consequences before you get into anything. Another thing, K, you will know when real true love comes along. It's going to be electricity, a shock, a good one. 

Sometimes, it also takes a bad to find a good and a fake to find a real. Lastly, if someone hurts you, forgive them, forgive them, K, and move on. You can even have a relationship with them, tolerate them, but baby girl, put it in the back of your mind, never forget what they did to you. You will understand in due time.