Chapter 23: Evacuation

Natsu's P.O.V
I woke up, finding my head and arms laying on Lucy's bed as I was sitting on the ground. Did I really ended up sleeping in this position? Not only that, with Lucy sleeping beside me on her bed?

Thinking of Lucy, I quickly jotted my head up and except Lucy to be in front of my eyes....

But she wasn't.

"L-Luce?!!" I shouted as I immediately stood on my feet. Where's she? ...Is she eating breakfast?

My shoulders slowly relaxed at the thought, yeah, maybe she is eating breakfast.

With that in mind, I took a step towards the door before it banged open, showing two guards panting.

"Y-your Highness!" The first guard said, still trying to breath for air as he held on to the door knob. "We were looking everywhere for you!"

"... What is it?" I said plainly before my eyes widened. What if something happened to Lucy?! "W-where's Luce?!?"

The two guards looked at each other questionably before the second guard suddenly lit up in realization.
"Ah! You mean Lucy Heartfillia? It seems that one of the maids had brought her down earlier. She already packed up and left."

No! Nononononono....

"Dammit! I didn't even say goodbye!" I blurted out as I pushed my way through the guards and ran down the stairs. How could she have just left like that? Why didn't she just wake me up so I could say goodbye? Why?

"Mom! Lucy's still here, right?!? She's still here?!" I shouted as I ran and slammed my self onto the dining table. I heard Wendy screech a bit.

"No, darling... She left about an hour ago... Didn't you know?" My mom ended up asking. I shook my head as I stood up straight and fixed my jacket. I was still wearing the wrinkly clothes from last night. My bangs covered my eyes as I gritted my teeth, feeling so regretful that I didn't wake up to see her face.
Mom gasped a bit as she covered her mouth before looking around awkwardly.
Wendy sniffled a bit as a few tears formed in her eyes,

"Lucy... She was really sad, I could tell... But she just gave me a quick hug and left.... I..." Wendy started to cry, digging her face in the table. Mom bit her lip, probably feeling so uncomfortable of the whole situation.

Why, Lucy? Lucy Aqua, come back!

Lucy's P.O.V

I was still riding in the chariot, my arm resting on one of its handles while my chin rested on my hand. I looked far at the horizon, noticing that the sun was already half way up. I sighed and held myself into a ball. I felt so sick. I couldn't even make myself wake up Natsu.

---flashback: one hour ago---
"...Lucy? Miss. Lucy Heartfillia it's time to go," I heard a voice mumble as I still rested in a sleeping daze. Um... E... Evacuation.... Day....

I immediately shot up straight and saw a young maid at the door.

"Miss Lucy, it's time to go."

"Oh, yeah," I muttered as I  took off the blankets. It fell on top of Natsu, who was still sleeping, half his body on my bed. I felt my face heat up a bit as I saw Natsu's messy pink hair stick out from the blankets. I slowly turned my head, my system finally landing back on the maiden. "Um... Let me get dressed first..."