Chapter 6

I woke up confused. I didn't know what to think! Did this dream mean something? Was I the reason that my father had died? So many questions and so little answers.
Maybe the dream didn't mean anything, because well, it was a dream.

Even though I knew it was just a dream, I still kept thinking about it, doubting my own actions and mind.

I stood up from my bed and I looked at myself in the marvellous mirror that hung in front of me. My reflection looked at me and I looked back. The girl in front of me wasn't someone I wished to be. And so I decided that something had to change. I had to change.

So I ran to the window and pulled them open with a great gesture. The sun was shining bright and the astonishing view of Alysia almost made me tear up. I wished that my father could've been here. And there I stood for a few minutes, or maybe half an hour, I don't know because it didn't matter. And why would we think about things that don't matter?

While I stood there, watching the early blossoms waving in the wind and the extraordinary trees that were waving at me, I imagined my father next to me. He looked at me in a way as if he was proud and disappointed at the same time. He hugged me and finally I knew. I knew what I had to do.

I ran down the corridors looking for Blake. Wasn't it here around the corner? I thought. I was right because just when I turned around the corner I bumped into someone. A bit dazzled I managed to pull myself together.

"Er, sorry... I didn't.. I'm so.." I stuttered.

But when I looked up I looked directly in the fierce blue eyes of Blake Burton.

"Blake!" I cheered. "I've been looking everywhere for you!"

"Ho, calm down... Take a deep breath." He said while laughing at me.

"No I won't calm down! I need you to bring me my bag and then I need you to keep quiet." I said while trying not to yell at him because of my enthusiasm.

"And what will you do then, if I may ask?" He said with a great grin on his face.

"It's probably for the best if you don't know." I answered very serious.

"You're going to flee the castle and look for your father's murderer, aren't you?" The grin on his face was slowly fading when he realized.

"Yes and for your own good, I wouldn't get in my way."

"I promise you I won't. Follow me and you'll get your bag." He said while starting to walk to his chambers.

I didn't answer and simply followed him in silence.

He opened the door and got the bag from behind the closet.

I reached out to get it, but he didn't give it.

"Uhm, can I please have my bag?" I said confused.

"Yeah sure, but I just want to ask you one thing."

"Go ahead." I answered while beginning to lose my patience.

"If I give you the bag..." He started.

"When you give it." I corrected him.

He rolled his eyes at me but carried on.

"When I give you the bag, what will you do? There are guards all over the castle and there's no way that I'll let you run alone through the garden. Because if you do, you will certainly die."

He did have a point... I didn't really think this through too well.

"If only you had someone who knew the garden and its dangers... Someone who you should trust... Someone who will stand by you no matter what." He said while innocently staring at his feet.