Past Sin

Zen's P.O.V:

"Saiko, wait!" I yelled as I ran. I didn't notice it before but the chains were gone, but that doesn't matter now.

Saiko suddenly stopped and turned to face me. I then stopped too, to catch my breath.

"I owe you an apology" I made out through pants.

"I don't need it" she growled.

She then took off her mask.

"Woah..." I gasped.

As she took the mask away from her face, scars of all sorts were revealed .I took a quick glance at her teeth before she looked away, her teeth were sharpened carefully. Her eyes glowed an intense red. She then took off her hood jacket. Her neck, chest and both hands were bandaged, though she was in a sleeveless shirt. What shocked me the most was a tattoo or some kind of marking on her back, it was bandaged but yet noticeable.

"What?" she asked then sighed "I know, I'm a terrible thing to look at"

"What happened to you?" I automatically asked "And what is this mark here?" I tried to reach the mark.

She turned to me and I pulled back my hand quickly.

"Nakashima happened" said the demon "Might as well tell you the whole thing before you ask anything again."

"Thank you" I simply replied to her and listened carefully.

"Not so long ago, us demons and angels were at war. I, as a leader, comanded my troops through the whole battle. The war was ..., no mercy was given to anyone. As I battled my enemies, I caught the peculiar sight of the little angel. So defenseless, so fragile. She was just standing there in the middle of the war, trembling with a light spear on her hands. Her face reflected fear and horror as one of my soldiers neared her with the most wicked smile he could put. She dropped the spear and stared at him with horror as he stood in front of her with his weapon ready to strike. I couldn't bear it and as he striked down, I blocked the attack. He cursed at me, all I could do was push him back. I told her to flee and she quickly flew off" she paused for a moment.

"Why did you stop?" I asked confused.

She just stared off behind me in silence. I looked back and smiled. Nakashima had found us. She was staring at us. I called out to her and motioned her towards our place. Her eyes lit up with joy and walked over to where we were standing. She then stood in front of Saiko and looked up to her. The demon looked down at her with a frown.

"What did I tell y-" I cut her off before she could say anything.

"How did you find us?" I asked the angel.

"I followed you after you ran off" she said with a smile.

"Well great.." murmured the demon.

" that innocence will get her killed one day!" she frowned "If it wasn't for me, who knows what could've happened to her, I threw my whole life away just by saving her and now look where I am"

"Why did you do it then? You were aware that you were gonna be exiled from your kingdom by your own father, why do it?"

She stood silent, lowering her head.

"I'm not like him.." she faintly said.