Chapter 7 Justice

"It's the police! Run!" I yelled. The police went faster and faster. Alex and I eventually ran out of breath and stopped. The police pulled up right next to us. "Aren't you too a little young to be walking out here by yourselves?" The nice gentleman said to us. Alex and I both looked at each other with a worried look and out of breath. "Come on I'll take you to the police station and call your parents." The policemen said to us. Alex and I jumped in the back of the police car and we drove off. "Where were you two headed anyways?" The policemen asked nicely. Alex and I both sat there in silence. "Not talking, ok?" He said with confusion. Once we arrived at the police station Alex and I both got out the car at the same time. "excuse me," Alex says calmly. "Are we in trouble?" I interrupted. The policeman looked back and nodded his head no with a small grin. I let out breath with relief. As we walked inside I heard a lady in the far back. "I didn't do it I swear, It was self-defence he was hurting me and my daughter." She sounded really familiar so I snuck back to see who it was. "MOM!" I yelled quietly. I saw her handcuffed and tears running down her face. "Please listen my daughters missing you need to find her." She said. "Ma'ma please calm down we will look for your daughter." A young police officer said. I look at my mother she sat there worried about me not even worried what could happen to her.

"Adeline!" Alex said quietly. "Adeline, what are you doing?" Alex said. "SHHH" I screamed quietly. Alex went up to me and tried seeing what I was seeing. "Is that your mom!" He said surprisingly and loud. "Shh," I said. A cop heard us and walked right up to us. "Well hello," He said with a kind voice. I stood up and looked at him with fear. "What are you two doing here? You didn't do anything bad did you?" Alex and I both glanced at each other and shook our head no. "Don't worry john, there with me!" The policeman said. "Now kids don't go off and do bad things or you end up like her." As he pointed to my mother. My mother looked over to see who the nice man was talking to, and then she saw me. 

"Adeline?" She asked with joy. "Lady.." The policeman said getting angry. "Hi, Mom.." I interrupted. I stepped out where she could see me and went towards her slowly. "Adeline where have you been I've been worried sick about you." She said with joy. The policeman looked confused and asked me "Is this your mother?" I looked at the policeman then glanced at Alex. I slowly nodded my head yes and walked slowly towards my mother even more. "Adeline listen to me, you need to tell them what David did to you," She said quickly. Both of the men stared at me ready for me to talk. I glanced at Alex knowing he would tell me what to do. I froze in fear. "Go on honey tell them what he did to you." My mother said.