Chapter 8 The Truth

We did it! We won! My mother didn't have to go to jail. All I had to do was tell the truth. I'm so happy that my life can finally go back to normal.

I spoke to soon a young man judging on his appearance he looked about 16 years old he burst in and started belted out saying "SHE KILLED MY FATHER!" He had a gun and started shooting at people. One of the bullets came flying at me. I tried moving out of the way but I was too slow and hit me in the arm. I passed out from losing so much blood.

The second I wake up I'm in an ambulance with paramedics. In a blink of an eye, the ambulance flipped over and crashed. I have never been so scared in my life. I laid there on the cold hard ground with scratches and scrapes all over me. 

I woke up and I saw a young man. He was running with me in his arms. "Hang in there were almost there." He said to me with a kind voice. I passed out in his arms with blood running down my arm.I woke up for the second time, not yet awake with my eyes closed. I hear beeping in the background. "I'm at the hospital," I say to myself. I opened my eyes right away and called for the nurse. The nurse comes rushing in and calms me down. "Sweetheart you need to calm down your at the hospital." She said to me calmly. "Where's the boy? Where is he?" I asked panickily. "What boy?" I looked at her with a blank face and pushed her out of my way. I get up and limped around looking for him.  

Then there he was at the counter yelling at this lady. "Why won't you let me see her!" He yells. "Was he talking about me?" I thought to myself. As soon as I tried yelling for him I passed out from the medicine the nurse gave to me. I fell to the ground only half awake. "GET HER TO A BED NOW!" I heard someone scream. They picked me and I glanced at the boy, then closed my eyes. 

I woke up for the third and final time. "What happened?" I asked. I looked around and no one was by me. "EXCUSE ME!" I called out. A nurse came rushing in. "Lay down and just relax sweety." She said to me with a smile. "I need to ask you a few questions, can you do that for me?" She said. I shook my head yes and laid back down. 

"Can you tell me what happened?" I asked quietly. She looked at me with a sad look. "Let's start with your name." She said. She didn't even answer my question I wonder what their hiding from me. "Adeline," I said quietly. "Adeline Lynn Brown," I repeated. "Nice to meet you, Adeline my name is Nurse Ross."

"Can you tell me where that young boy is?" I asked. "Hmm," She said. "The boy that brought you in?" She asked. "YES, YES! That's him!" I yelled with excitement. "Listen Adeline he can't come and see you till the doctor comes." She said. I grabbed her by the shirt and pulled her towards my face. I was so anger I just wanted to punch her. "Listen, Nurse Ross, I need to see him now or I will get up and look for him like I did before," I said with anger. I let her it go while pushing her away from me. She walked out with fear.

"Hi, I heard you wanted to see me?" the young man said to me. I lied there in silence trying not to look at him. "Adeline right? The nurse said you were quite upset that you couldn't see me. Is that true?" He asked walking closer and closer to my face. I nodded my head yes very slowly. I looked at him and there he was standing right there looking at me. I sit up without saying anything and sat there in silence. I glance at himmaking sure he was still there. "Thank you." I finally said. He looked at me with a smile "I'm just glad your ok." He said. "Names Jarod," He said with his hand out for me to shake. I took out my hand and started to shake it "Adeline as you already know." I said with a smile, still awkwardly shaking his hand. I let go and looked away while blushing. I felt like I was falling in love all over again. It was an amazing feeling. "Snap out of it!" I told myself. He looked at me with a big smile "I'll see you later." He said while walking out. I felt so embarrassed, I think I like him. But wait what about Alex? Where is he anyway?" Feeling myself about to panic.