Chapter One

*me, Chloe*

Question #1: Are boys as confusing as you think? Yes or  No  (answer in comments!!)

This question was a total understatement of what is true. I would definitely know. You might be thinking how would you know? Well, I have had my fair share of boy confusion, which is why I am waiting until I am sixteen to even double date. Anyway . . . I should probably introduce myself.

My name is Chloe Johnson, and I am a thirteen year-old seventh grader. Not for long though I only have about twenty-two days of school left. Other people might be super happy, but I am quite the nerd. I love school. I have light brown (with blonde streaks), shoulder length hair. Unlike how people stereotype most blonde (ish) haired people, I had hazel eyes.

I wasn't the skinniest of people, and I was trying to get to a good weight. I wasn't the three pounds over, in fact I was about twenty pounds over where I wanted to be and fourteen over the maximum weight. I had really good calves though, but my skin tone was very light peach.  When I tested my skin color it was porcelain, sad I know. The worst was my knee.

You might be wondering what could be so bad about a knee. Well, when it is in a brace that practically suffocates it sucks. My knee was swollen, and I could only take off the brace that surrounded it when I showered. I even had to wear it when I slept. How did this happen? I'd like to say something cool like, I was fighting off ninjas, or working with batman. The truth was sad.

It was a wonderful day. My crush who liked me back, Alexander, was walking me to class. His arm was wrapped around from my left side, and on my right my friend Elizabeth had her arm around me as well. Then they started to fight, and I ended up tripping, and landing straight onto the cement landing on only  my left knee. The worst part, they both fell on me. Everyone of course then felt the need to touch my knee and ask if it hurt. I was in such pain all I could say was, 'don't touch it! I can't get up'.

Then when we were waiting in a classroom, I started sitting in a corner. Alex told me that there were three huge spiders (I checked there literally were), and so naturally I squealed and jumped up. Then I ended tripping over my friend, Jade's, legs (she was laying on the floor). What a coincidence, I then landed on the same knee. Turns out I got fluid under my knee cap and bruised the cushion across my knee.(Jade below)

(Jade below)

You might be thinking, oh I bet Alex felt really bad and was really nice and apologized. NOPE. Not a single apology, not even an 'are you okay?'. If fact he has been ignoring me for about two/three weeks. He only came by once, and that was just to poke me and pull my hair. Which by the way, made me want to choke him. Which is why I am so glad I didn't disobey my rule not dating until sixteen to dat him.

Why? Because, not only did he do that, he hit my friend Bree on the head hard five times. She was about to burst into tears, and it left her head sore for two days His excuse was 'she hurt him all the time so whatever'. That is when I snapped when she told me. I told her to her face what I'd tell him if he ever told her that again. (Bree below)

 (Bree below)

"She hurt you? You put me in a brace for Pete's sake! Should I start messing up you knee, and say 'well you hurt mine so whatever'? You also hurt me emotionally, so should I start bullying you like everyone else does?"

I wasn't lying, and I swear I will if ever does. Your probably asking, wait why is Alex bullied? Well, you were probably expecting him to be some cliché boy, but no. He had short brown hair, ginger freckled, nerd shaped black glasses, and was whiter than me. Not only that, but I am pretty sure I have more muscle than him. He tried to act 'cool', but it ended in him looking very stupid. (Alex in pic below)

 (Alex in pic below)

So what could I possibly see in him? I think it was him faking being nice, now that I think back I think I was too naïve. I should have waited longer to tell if I actually liked him. That's right LIKED. He is definitely off my crush list. I would never like someone who hurts me (emotionally and physically), and hurts my friends. I am way too familiar with that from my childhood, but we'll not get into that quite yet. Sorry reader, but I am not sure I trust you that much yet.

Yes, I do have a crush, but no, none of my friends know or know who it is only me. I don't trust you enough for that yet, but maybe soon. I wanted to see if he was going to my high school . . . ugh boys. Why  must you drive us girls bananas?