Be Aware; a short story

It hurts more to feel alone in a crowded room than be alone really. Yes or No

--------I sunk into the couch cushions, and opened my computer. I slid on my headphones, and turned up Paper Doll by Bea Miller. I was finally alone, for now. I knew in a couple minutes the room would be full of other people. Some might say family is a huge blessing, but I keep loosing mine . . .

I cringed as the memory of my mothers death flooded my mind, causing images I wish I could erase. I opened a new tab and opened google hangouts and saw and email from . . . someone.

'you're so stupid. it's no wonder no one want to stay around you.'

My stomach suddenly felt sick, and I quickly dismissed the email. I was used to this by now, after all I have gotten worse. I turned up the music louder and got out my notebook instead. The one notebook no was ever allowed to read. It was as almost like a secret diary, but written in almost a poem style.

"whish I could just fall

just close my eyes and never wake

falling into a permanent sleeping state"

See because this is how it is. The strong ones are the ones are the ones never offered a hand or an are you okay. And if we ever answer truly people blow up a us like,

"well just stop" THAT IS NOT HOW IT WORKS!!!! YOU CAN'T JUST 'GET OVER DEPRESSION!! -------

Then if we don't want to eat, you try to force us. If we don't want to sleep, you try to force us. If we cut, you try to control us.

People like this, know you are heard. This update is a DEPRESSION AWARNESS. If you have depression, wear a semicolon/purple proudly. I feel like this topic is not expressed enough, especially since we don't ever have a special day.