Chapter Twelve

Haru’s POV

“Morning jagi-ya,” Chanyeol was already standing in front of my door as I just finished preparing for school.

I really have a bad feeling about today. After what happened last weekend, Chanyeol said that we don’t need to wait until his two weeks of avoiding me at school is over, which was actually in three days. He was just so eager to reveal our relationship to the world.

And since I was so desperate to escape it, I tried to use all the excuses that I could, including that nobody would help D.O prepare their breakfast and lunch if Chanyeol picks me up. But then again, they got Kai who could just snap his finger so Chanyeol would be right here in front my house right on time. I simply can’t escape my fate this time.

“Sunbae, are you really going to called me that way all the time?” I referred to him calling me jagi.

“Eoh, and you have to stop calling me sunbae, I’m oppa for you.” he said with a mischievous smile. I could only sigh. I’m in deep shit.

***

When we arrived school, Go Eunhye and a few girls from my class were already at one corner of the school gate.

First proof of my bad omen.

Chanyeol’s arm was around my shoulder, and there was nothing I could do about it. So I had no choice but to muster up my courage as we approached the girls. And as expected, they were all looking at us with mouths hanging open.

“Morning girls, what’s up?” I said in the most awkward way possible.

“Annyeong!” Typically, Chanyeol greeted them with his charming big smile, which I think made all of them hold their breath and stand there frozen for a full minute.

Even though I kinda expected that this will happen, I still had no idea how to handle this situation. Last night, I squeezed my brain to think of a way out if something like this happened, but nothing came up.

“Jagi-ya, you’re not going to introduce me to your friends?” Chanyeol questioned, making their eyes open wide.

My heart sank.

I really am doomed. I cleared my throat as it felt like it dried up all of a sudden.

“Girls, this is Park Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol, girls.” I said as I gestured at both side alternately, knowing that my introduction was meaningless. Chanyeol on the other hand just happily nodded his head.

“Were all of you in the same class?” he asked to no one in particular. They all nod in unison, still unable to form a word.

“Okay then, nice to meet you all. Bye!” Chanyeol said as he finally understood that these girls won’t be able to say a word if he’s still around.

He excused himself and tagged me along with him. I just looked at Eunhye apologetically because I couldn’t even make a proper conversation with my friends. I could only hope she understood my situation.

“Sunbae, you really don’t have to take me to my class. We can just part ways here.” I tried to free myself from Chanyeol as we were going up the staircase that connected all four floor of our school building.

“This is your last warning. Next time you call me sunbae again, I’ll assume that you asked for a kiss.” he threatened me playfully.