Chapter Six:

Why is she here? They've been fighting I can tell from his stance. I can't hear what they're saying, but I can tell he's angry. I walk over to them and place my hand on his shoulder, but only looking at her. "Hey, I didn't know you knew Sam?" He hands me a cup as he shrugs my hand off his shoulder and wraps his arm around my waist. "She doesn't, she crashed the party." Marshall answers. I take a sip of juice trying to take in what he just said. Is she stalking Marshall? Who is she?  "I came to speak to Marshall, I didn't get a chance to at the restaurant." she says interrupting my thoughts. " I DON'T WANT TO TALK TO YOU!" he yells as he turns and walks away. Everyone is staring at me and Nicole. I stare at him as he walks away, and I start to move to follow him, when she grabs my arm. I face her and pull my arm back, she glares at me, "He doesn't want you. He is mine and will always be mine. So do us a favor, just leave before you embrasses yourself."  I stare at her and I can't help but let out a giggle. "Are you laughing at me?" she asks offended. "Yes! Do you know how ridiculous you sound? He didn't give you  the time of day at the restaurant. What makes you think you're important? I don't need to know who you are to figure out you are no longer relevant." I let that sink in for a moment, who does this bitch think she is anyways?

"And another thing, if you ever touch me again I will beat your ass." I leave her standing with  a wide eyed, dropped jaw, gasping face. I run out in search for my date. I finally find Marshall, sitting out front on the rock walk. I hesitate to approach him, will he be to upset to talk to me? I sit beside him, "Are...you....okay?" I asking staring at me hands. "Yeah she just IRRITATES ME! " He stands and runs his hands through his hair. Oh boy he's bad. I stand too, "I'll leave you alone for a while," I start to walk away. "NO!!" He runs and grabs me by the wait , holding me from behind. He whispers in my ear, "Don't leave, I want you with me." I turn to face him so that we're hugging, he runs his fingers across my jaw tilting my head up and he plants a soft sweet kiss on my lips. I stare up at him in utter shock. "Let's go. This party sucks." He mutters still a little mad. "Okay" I say all out of breath. He laughs and I can't help but smile. While driving back to my house he finally speaks. "Sorry about tonight." I stare out the window confused, I thought it went well, only being tainted by her arrival. "What do you mean?" I ask turning my attention back to him. "I saw this night going different in my head, and I yelled at you! I'm so sorry." "It's okay you weren't the only one yelling."

He glance at me confused, "Who else yelled?" "Me" I confessed. "I yelled at her after you walked out" I add. He laughs, "Why?" I shrug, "She said something I didn't like and she touched me."  "Good."  "Good?" He smiles, "Yeah, I'm glad you told her off." "Who is she?" He hesitates for a while making me regret ever asking. But he finally speaks, " She's an ex-girlfriend who became obsessive." Oh? We reach my house when he grabs my hand. "Look Sophie, I really like you. More than you think." Oh? What do I say? What can I say? My face face must have looked scared, because he drops my hand immediately. "Hey," I grab his hand again, "I didn't meant, I had fun tonight. And I really like you more than you think too." He looks down, "She ruined our night." "No she didn't I had a great time. I was with you and that's all that matters." He smiles, leans in and kiss me. A long, sweet kiss, and soon his tongue slips in. Oh my, he grabs a hold of my face and we start making out. I've never been kissed like this before, and it makes me smile. He pulls away, smiling too. "If you only knew Sophie."

"Knew what?" I ask He shakes his head, "You have been on my mind for two long years. Ever since I moved here I thought you where the  cutest girl I ever laid my eyes on. As the years passed, I knew I wanted you. You have such a beautiful smile, pretty brown eyes, and the sweetest voice."  He traces his thumb across  my bottom lip, then swoops down and kisses me again. "I like you too." I finally say after I catch my breath. He chuckles, "I know." Wait what? How? "You knew?" I ask.

"Well I hoped...I remember after I saw you I thought you were so cute and different. All the girls at school, throw themselves at me...I hate it. But not you and I love that. One day I bumped into you, and the reaction you gave me, I just knew you liked me. Since then I knew I wanted you." Wow. How do I react to this information? He likes me? He wants me? Did I hear him right? Yes, yes I did, he said he wants me. And more than once! But why? I'm plain Jane. "Hey what are you thinking about?" "Nothing." I say trying to brush him off.

"Tell me." "I-I just don't understand why you want me?" He looks at me confused, "What do you mean?" "Nevermind." I look down not able to meet his beautiful face, "Please look at me?" I do as I'm told, "You are beautiful. Don't ever think otherwise. I will tell you everyday that you are beautiful, until you believe it yourself." My heart skips a beat, I'm so shocked that this boy, this amazing beautiful, boy wants me. I lean in and he meets me the rest of the way and we kiss. Soft sweet kiss that builds with us pouring all of our feelings we felt all those years into one another. He walks me up to my front door, "What are you doing tomorrow, I would like to take you on a proper date."  I flush and smile, how sweet. "I'm having lunch with my dad, and then I'm having a BBQ dinner thing. You should come?"  ""Oh no, it's your family time." I pout a little, "I want you there, it will clam me." He caresses my cheek, "Okay, I'll be there for you. What time should I be here?" " Dinner is at 7." "Okay, have sweet dreams baby, until tomorrow." he kisses me again and watches me walk inside.

I walk inside, to see Ella and my mother sitting on the stairs. They both start to giggle, "So he calls you baby now?" My mom says smiling. I shrug with the biggest grin on my face. "So I take it went rather well then?"   I nod, "I hope It's okay that I invited him to dinner.?" They stare at me shocked, "Yes, it's okay everyone else dates will be there." I smile and say good nights heading upstairs.

I reflect on my night as I lay in bed. I can't believe Marshall said he wants me! For so long I've felt I'm never good enough, and for the first time in my life I have someone who thinks I'm perfection. It's the most amazing feeling to know that someone wants me happy, wants me smiling, just wants me for me. Though I've known Marshall for only a few days, in this one night he has given me a different way of viewing myself. I replay the words he said in the truck over and over,  "You are beautiful. Don't ever think otherwise. I will tell you everyday that you are beautiful, until you believe it yourself."