Chapter 8

As Nevermore made his way up to Alari's room, he could feel a dizzyness wash over him and he leaned against the wall for a brief moment. Being thrown against a brick wall twice with brute strength took a toll on him and he held his head in his hand, groaning as a dull pain went throughout his body. Alari peeked out her room and saw him down the hall by his room. She grew concerned and walked over, setting her head against his chest, wrapping her arms around him. "I'll get you some Alieve okay?" She looked up at him and half smiled. Nevermore sighed softly and kissed her. She kissed back passionately before leaving to get the pill and gave a smirk as she saw a hunger in his eyes for more.

Alari giggled to herself as she got a cup of water and the pill. She walked back to find him in his room on his bed. Nevermore had changed and his room was dim. Understandably, since he had a headache and all. She sat beside him and he took the pill and drank the water. She spoke softly, "I'll sleep with you in here for the rest of the night. Okay?" Nevermore smiled and hugged her. Alari smiled back and took in his scent. He smelled like he had used Axe sometime today and she loved it. Although, it was a bit odd since he was a butler but it was the twenty first century and knowing guys today...

Nevermore laid down and closed his eyes. He felt Alari lay her head on his chest beside him and he chuckled, "Goodnight, my angel." She kissed his cheek and closed her eyes, "Goodnight, my sweet demon." Nevermore laughed a bit and the two fell asleep as his pain subsided.

-Time skip-

The next morning, Alari woke up early and smiled at the sleeping demon beside her. She decided to let him sleep and made her way to her room to change so she could go to look for a job. She might be rich but she still liked getting to work somewhere. Alari finished brushing her hair and put it up in a ponytail. She brushed her teeth and finished it all off by a little makeup and a spray or two of Cherry Blossom perfume. Alari grabbed her car keys and went outside. Before she went, she had left a note on the couch arm so Nevermore could see it.

Nevermore stirred awake and saw his door was ajar, "She must have went back to her room sometime this morning..." He got up and rubbed his eyes from sleep and went to change his clothes when he saw from his window that the car was gone. "So she went out...Probably to the store or something..." He yawned and got dressed. The usual tailcoat, and all that fancy stuff. He fixed his hair and checked his neck. Bruises were still there and they were deeper in color than before; he coughed into his hand harshly and blood was there. He sighed annoyed and cleaned his hand.

Nevermore felt alone and just began to straighten up his bed and make sure to prepare some coffee or tea for when Alari came back. Thats when he stopped dead in his tracks as he was about to leave his room, "What do you want now? Shouldnt you be back with that brat of yours?" Zane laughed, Nevermore heard that it was forced and he turned to his brother, "That brat is Zak. And no, his father took him somewhere so I had a duplicate take my place. " he approached Nevermore before slamming him into the bedroom wall, causing the pain start right back up. Nevermore gave a short yell of pain and tried to pry off his grip.

Zane let go and sighed, "Ive been thinking all this over. And come to realize, we both had been lied to. So, I apologize and want to forget all this. This all never happened. Agreed?" Nevermore glared daggers at him, "Fine. Now fuck off." He pushed his brother and Zane just fell back laughing, "Still the same old brother. Just back when we were teens."